| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK is seeking a Security Analyst to join their team.
As the Security Analyst, you will:
- Assist with organization-wide vulnerability scanning and remediation activities.
- Assist in managing short term and long term project assignments for remediation efforts and secure technology deployments.
- Participate in information security incident response, forensic investigation efforts, and malware analysis processes and assists in developing corrective actions and preventative measures for security incidents.
- Assist in developing technology documentation, website publishing and technical documentation as needed per project.
- Assist with managing IT security systems such as Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Rapid7 vulnerability scanning, and Splunk security information and event management solutions.
- Assist in developing and implementing an annual personal education plan to develop and maintain currency of security-related skills, technologies, methodologies, and best practices.
- Participate in appropriate and relevant conferences and courses to maintain technical proficiency.
- Assist with the coordination of internal and external stakeholders (including internal and 3rd party application developers) to recommend and help with security vulnerability remediation efforts.
- Assist in developing and providing procedural and technical security guidance to facilitate the implementation of IT solutions.
- A strong, confident communicator who can interface with and provide security guidance to members of the organization across departments and at all levels as well as our external partners.
- Active in being update to date in the latest secure technology industry best practices with creative ideas for organizational solutions.
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Able to work and/or attend meetings in New York City, Middletown NJ, regional sites, or vendor sites.
- Flexible to work after hours, weekends and holidays when required.
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; technical writing or desktop/web publishing skills are a plus
- Project management experience highly desirable
- Knowledge of security vulnerabilities
- Exceptional ability to analyze security data
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.