| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Taking bold steps to redefine what’s possible in Laboratory Medicine. Our state-of-the-art clinical laboratories provide sophisticated technology and automated equipment that allow our teams to get to answers faster and more efficiently, with a strong emphasis on applied and translational research. We are committed to the growth and advancement of the department, and fully support the active collaboration of scientists, clinicians and industry experts to develop next-generation laboratory methods. MSK is also dedicated to providing diverse educational opportunities to further develop the skills and ambitions of our medical technologists and technicians, laboratory managers, and laboratory directors. Our experts also play a vital role in clinical research through contributions we make to the development of new laboratory tests and diagnostic platforms.
The Bone Marrow Laboratory is seeking an experienced Laboratory Technologist to perform special stains and morphological identification of bone marrow aspirates
This position is for an experienced bone marrow laboratory technologist who is proficient in morphological identification.
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information.
- Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Focused on continuous improvement, knowing the most effective and efficient processes to optimize work flow.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals.
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances.
- Possess excellent computer, verbal and written communication skills.
- Perform and maintain competency in the technical and related work of the laboratory
- Manage the physical environment of the laboratory in accordance with New York State DOH, Joint Commission, OSHA and CLIA regulations
- Provide technical expertise and guidance on all laboratory matters
- Assure compliance with MSKCC P&Ps, and regulatory agency requirements
- Develop, implement and monitor the quality assurance plan
- Oversee daily operations and promotes a safe environment
- Annually review and revise site specific P&Ps in collaboration with the MSK Laboratory, the laboratory director, and the laboratory manger
- Work Monday - Friday, days and hours vary
Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or Clinical Lab Sciences
- Experience in morphological identification of bone marrow aspirates
Meeting the requirements for the New York State Clinical Laboratory Technologist Licensure
5+ years of relevant work experience.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.