| Location: Binghamton, NY Category: Professional Posted On: Wed Feb 15 2017 Job Description: |
Budget Title: Staff Assistant (SL-2)
Salary: $21,000 (at 50% of full-time)
The Employee Assistance Program at Binghamton University is seeking an organized, creative, and enthused individual who has excellent communication and technical skills for the position of administrative assistant.
The administrative assistant maintains the highest standards of customer service to our faculty, staff, retirees, and graduate student employees. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, able to work independently, strong written communication skills and comfortable with public speaking for EAP orientations. Other expectations include handling projects in a timely and confidential manner. S/he will work directly with Associate Director of EAP and provide support to the EAP Coordinator.
- Assist with facilitating faculty and staff orientations and tabling for on and off campus events
- Accurately create, organize, and update departmental data records for program evaluation and data analysis
- Assist in planning and managing departmental budget to assist with monthly reconciliations, including travel
- Assist with confidential telephonic assessments and provide referrals, as needed
- Assist with the coordination of program events including, but not limited to standing meetings, EAP sponsored trainings, and EAP wellness programs
- Provide direct administrative support to the EAP Associate Director
- Participate in NYSEAP trainings for professional development
- Must demonstrate the ability to manage and prioritize tasks, problem solve, maintain confidentiality, and work effectively as a team member
- Available and willing to participate in evening and weekend activities with flexibility and as needed
- This position has the University designation as "essential" and "critical"
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of three years of administrative support experience
- Previous experience in an Employee Assistance Program, occupational health or other healthcare related setting
- Experience in higher education environment preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Willing to learn new software programs (i.e. Access)