Provides secretarial support to the President of St. Mary'sHospital. Demonstrates proficiency in a fast paced environment which fosterscooperation and teamwork. Provides direction to administrative assistants andmanages office operations. Accountable for assistants daily coordination ofduties, ensures accuracy and provides problem solving. Reporting relationship:VP Operations provides direct supervision with a dotted line relationship tothe President; may take direction from VP's for certain projects.
- Exhibits the mission, values and exceptional service standards of SSM Health Care in daily activities, and performs job functions in accordance with policies. Provides support and personal assistance to the President to assist them in performing the complex duties of their role. Draft and composes correspondence for the President as requested with minimal supervision. Provide follow up action as required. Knowledge of highly confidential and sensitive information on a constant basis.
- Assist in the hiring process for administrative assistants. Review applications, conduct phone and in person interviews and make recommendations as to hiring of staff.
- Supervise administrative office operations, to include coordinating coverage on an "hour to hour" basis, balancing vacation schedules, leaves, etc., and providing oversight of administrative assistants. Provides input to training needs, assures coverage when training occurs, and may provide training to administrative assistants as needed. Performs functions in a very complex environment, requiring multi-tasking, continual prioritization and teamwork. Seeks clarification of tasks and priorities to assure timelines, accuracy of projects and productivity. Coordinates the contract review process for St. Mary's Hospital, which includes reviewing all contracts prior to submission to Corporate and coordinating appropriate follow up. May coordinate work with attorneys to assure the appropriate legal review occurs prior to submission. Communicates with Presidents and other individuals regarding contract review process, and serves as liaison with corporate.
- Monitors calendars of AC members along with administrative assistants to avoid conflicts and assist in prioritization of calendars. Sets up meetings and prepares agendas for important meetings. Uses tools for scheduling meetings with multiple attendees. Communicates date/time/location to all attendees. Releases hold dates. Makes room arrangements, food, etc. Maintains up-to-date lists of all local and corporate groups containing names, titles, phone/fax/e-mail address, etc. Follow up as appropriate to assure certain action items identified in meetings occur. Sorts, reads and annotates all incoming and outgoing mail. Prioritizes and categorizes (signing/memos/etc.) for action or time sensitivity. Calendars and tickler file info. Establishes a mail system which meets the needs of the appropriate President. Record, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings to appropriate parties. Types from land hand or rough draft accurately. Proof reads for accuracy and changes format if necessary. Faxes or e-mails correspondence to internal/external customers. Maintains a working knowledge of appropriate software programs, which may include Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Outlook and other systems and programs as necessary.
- Accurately prepares, copies, assembles/collates, binds materials. Makes travel arrangements to include flights, hotel arrangements, registration for conferences/seminars. Prepares registration materials, types itinerary (hotel, flight times, meeting times) for all trips, completes expense reports upon return. Prepares and maintains expense reports - prepares report, collects, and labels all receipts and submits to corporate for signature. Reconciles credit card statements, requests for checks. Fills in correct account numbers. Documents all expenses and keeps records. Checks accuracy of all expense reports, P-card statements, and mileage reports before submission to President for signatures. Creates requests for check disbursements for incoming bills.
- Organizes events/presentations – room reservations, invitations, meeting agenda, attendees, organizes materials for distribution, food. Takes lead and/or assists in organizing complex meetings/events; maintains necessary knowledge to set up and schedule routine meetings, etc. Utilizes and maintains office equipment. Assures adequate paper supply, toner, etc., is maintained in copiers; maintains up to date knowledge on use of copiers, faxes, etc. Maintains working knowledge of the organization and its structure. Maintains knowledge of overall corporate structure; maintains and updates organizational charts, etc. Prepares written documentation of job processes, identifies functions that require cross training and participates in training and sharing of functions.
- Contribute to evaluations, performance improvement plans, disciplinary action (verbal and written warnings) for administrative assistants as required. Offer suggestions for work processes and track attendance and status of routine job functions to allow completion in a timely manner. Hold weekly staff meetings to discuss projects, opportunities for improvement, HIPPA and outstanding issues. Review policies and procedures. Monitor and approve Kronos timecards on a daily basis and provide feedback on following the attendance policy to administrative assistants. Approve timecards of VP's when directed by the President.
- Understand and embraces the practices the principles of CQI. Ensures documentation of processes and recommends best practices for office efficiency
- Serves as liaison to physicians, management, staff and external contacts. Screens and triages incoming inquiries by routing to appropriate person for follow up. Establishes and maintains harmonious working relationships with physicians, management, staff and external contacts. Coordinates all support aspects for Administrative Council and hospital committee meetings including: a. Maintain tickler file of future agenda items and follow up items. b. Develop, prepare and distribute agendas. Attends and takes minutes for meeting. c. Coordinate items requiring review and/or approval. d. Provide technical support on presentations. e. Maintain corporate records in conjunction with SSM/SMHMC policy or regulatory agency requirements.
- Coordinates the completion of all surveys required to be done by various regulatory agencies, including State of Wisconsin, American Hospital Association and others. Provides publications with updated information throughout the year. Coordinates the contract review process with Corporate Office and maintains contract database for hospital. Initiates the planning and execution of special projects as assigned. Coordinates all aspects of corporate site visits, management interviews, and /or special functions; i.e. develop schedules, prepare materials, arrange for rooms/catering and develop follow up correspondence as needed.
- During the President's absence, takes authorized action and uses initiative and judgment to see that matters requiring attention are referred appropriately or handled in a timely manner.
- Associate Degree in Secretarial Sciences or Bachelor's Degree in related field.
- 10 years Administrative Assistant or Executive Secretary experience may be substituted for education.
- Minimum of five years of executive level office experience.
- Typing speed 65-75 wpm
- Excellent verbal and proofreading skills
- Must possess strong secretarial skills, including advanced computer skills, ability to take thorough and accurate minutes, and knowledge of office procedures
- Handles multiple priorities, problems, and demanding situations; intuitively assess urgent issues and provide resolution within scope of responsibility
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing
- Must demonstrate good judgment and problem-solving abilities
- Maintain confidentiality, gain trust and demonstrate integrity
- Interact and cooperatively achieve results with various medical and non-medical personnel and departments
- Understand and practice organizational shared accountability/governance model
- Must be self-motivated and a team player
- Exceptional grammar, composition and proofreading ability.
Preferred Qualifications: N/A
St. Mary's is a 440-bed tertiary referral hospital offeringinpatient and outpatient treatment and diagnostic services in primary care andnearly all specialties. Medical/surgical areas of special focus include theFamily Birth Center, pediatrics, Neuroscience Center, geriatrics, orthopedics,emergency services and more. St. Mary's is affiliated with the University ofWisconsin School of Medicine's three-year family practice residency program. Since1912, St. Mary's has provided service to much of south-central Wisconsinincluding Dane County and 17 other nearby counties. In the growing city of SunPrairie, northeast of Madison, St. Mary's Emergency Clinic provides services tomore than 30,000 residents.