St. Anthony Summit Medical Center is a Level III Trauma Center serviced by Flight For Life® Colorado and nationally recognized for excellence in patient satisfaction. We provide a full range of medical specialties and health care services to Summit County and the surrounding areas including Surgical, Emergency, Critical Care, Birth Center, Orthopedic, Breast Care, Digital Mammography, Breast MRI, Radiology and Imaging, Nuclear Medicine, Cardiology, Summit Sleep Disorders Center, Ear Nose and Throat (ENT) and Summit Spine Services. Located in the charming mountain community of Frisco, CO, St. Anthony Summit Medical Center has provided 30+ years of service to residents and the visitors who enjoy spending time in these world famous outdoor playgrounds. In addition, Summit Medical Center employs seasonal professionals (Nov. to April) to support Colorado’s nearby ski resorts with on-site urgent care during the busy winter months. Enjoy an exceptional quality of life year-round with walking/bike trails right outside your door, arts and music festivals, and of course skiing, snowboarding and every winter activity imaginable. For more about Summit Medical Center and life in Frisco, CO please visit http://www.summitmedicalcenter.org.
Job Description/Job Posting ID: 98110
Recruiter Contact: KatelinHazelwood@Centura.Org
Clinic/Department: 8631 SASMC HLTH INFO MGMT
Hospital: SUMMIT HOSPITAL
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Variable, mostly Monday - Friday (8-5pm)
Directly responsible for the management and operations of areas within Patient Access, Health Information Management, and PBX (phones), and Financial Counselors. Ensures adherence of provisions of regulatory agencies (i.e. CMS and Joint Commission) in quality and HIM, working closely with medical staff. Assisting in the staffing, budgeting, planning, and development of policy and procedure for these areas. Responsible for hiring, separation and corrective action of staff members. Responsible for the delivery of operational, and financial leadership , so that all processes are completed accurately, timely, and in an efficient manner to ensure quality outcomes, while providing our customers a professional, and caring level of service. Visible leader. Facilitates and supports ongoing process improvement and learning.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred in related field.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Preferred: Minimum 5 years experience in a hospital patient access environment to include experience with registration of hospital inpatients, outpatients, emergency department patients, and experience with patient scheduling.
- Preferred: Minimum 3 years leadership experience (preferably in a healthcare setting)
- Preferred: Experience working within a multidisciplinary healthcare revenue cycle team
- HIM experience
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements as they relate to Patient Access functionality, HIM, JCAHO and HIPAA
- Exercises initiative, judgment, problem solving, decision making, and team development skills
- Demonstrates good listening skills and appropriate communication.
- Medical terminology preferred
- Registered Health Information Technologist (RHIT) preferred.
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.