Compliance Department is responsible to protect the Bank, its Affiliates and Customers from any damage that might result from the failure to comply with our regulatory obligations and assist the Executive Management in monitoring and mitigating compliance risks in line with the risk appetite of the Bank and Nomura Group.
In order to support our Compliance function, we are looking for a highly qualified and experienced professional for the position of Chief Compliance Officer. The position requires a mature individual who has acquired considerable experience in compliance, governance and financial regulation fields. The Chief Compliance Officer will oversee, coordinate and handle all regulatory and compliance matters within the Bank and its Affiliates (including a Luxembourg AIFM as well as Cayman Islands Trustees).
The Chief Compliance Officer will report directly to the President and Chief Executive Officer with a direct access to the Board of Directors and with additional matrix management structure requiring close cooperation with other Nomura Group offices in EMEA and Japan.
Your main tasks will be:
- Continually reinvent the Compliance function, manage and support the Compliance department composed of 3 team members.
- Identify and monitor regulatory requirements and market trends which may impact the business activities of the Bank and its Affiliates.
- Communicate with the Executive Management, Regulatory Committee and the Business Units to reasonably ensure that the Bank and its Affiliates constantly meet high standards of regulatory compliance and professional business conduct. Develop mitigating controls and ensure their effectiveness.
- Ensure that Compliance Program is adequately designed to the size and complexity of the business. Monitor the effectiveness and suitability of the compliance testing plan, follow-up on the effective resolution of any identified issue.
- Support the business development initiatives of the Executive Management of the Bank and its Affiliates through advices on any potential regulatory challenges.
- Take a lead of Anti-Money Laundering / Counter Terrorism Financing efforts of the Bank and act as Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO).
- Promote an effective compliance culture, monitor the respect of the ethical code of conduct and ensure staff awareness.
- Manage relationships with the regulatory and enforcement authorities.Job requirements:
- Master's degree in Law or equivalent.
- Minimum of ten years of Compliance experience in the financial sector, preferably in the investment funds servicing industry with the accent on custody/depositary, fund administration and treasury services.
- Excellent command of the regulatory environment applicable to credit institutions, AIFM/UCITS management companies and investment funds.
- Ability to properly balance business needs and regulatory requirements.
- Track record of achieving challenging objectives and ability to work with business matters of considerable scale and complex nature.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and French and comfortable to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Organizational and analytical skills, high sense of ethics and confidentiality, positive attitude, high attention to details, initiatives taker, dynamic, diplomatic, innovative and able to empower and motivate team performance.
If you are interested in this position and meet the job requirements, please apply by clicking on our Nomura Recruitment Gateway.
https://ww2.nomura.lu/NBLRecruitment/SpontaneousApplication.aspx?name=Chief Compliance Officer&id=1225