Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG) is one of the world's leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with approximately 350 years of history, MUFG is a global network with 1100 offices in over 40 countries. The Group has over 140,000 employees and about 300 entities offering services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management and leasing.
This role will suit an experienced Compliance professional at Senior Associate/ AVP level looking for that next step up.
You will take on the following responsibilities amongst others.
- Manage and monitor overall compliance matters including AML, Sanction and other compliance requirement to support business activities in compliance with the Bank's policy and procedures.
- Have oversight for and conduct "Know your Customer" (KYC) due diligence reviews to ensure all money laundering risk assessments and sanctions checks are accurately completed within the prescribed review cycle.
- Deal with sanction issues to enable successful execution of payments by communicating with customers and compliance department.
- Promote greater awareness of KYC, anti-money laundering (AML), sanctions and other compliance matters within ACBG as the first line of defence.
- Lead ad-hoc projects within ACBG in order to improve compliance processes and operations efficiency.
- Provide support to the Head of Planning & Control to assist with the effective and efficient running of the department.
- Ability to work in a multicultural working environment.
In order to be successful in the role, we are looking for candidates with the following.
- Degree educated
- A minimum of four years' experience in AML/KYC and monitoring/sanctions in a recognised banking / financial services institution
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Access applications
Please note that due to high volume of responses, we will contact only successful candidates within a week of application.
Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, London branch (a member of MUFG, a global financial group) is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.