Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture
Morgan Stanley Private Wealth Management provides highly customized financial advice, investment solutions and brokerage services to individuals, families and foundations.
As Morgan Stanley's premier service for individuals and families with significant means, we specialize in providing our clients with custom-tailored financial solutions and a level of sophistication and access to expertise and investments typically reserved for large corporations, financial institutions and governments.
Investment Management Services ("IMS") Team is responsible for Fee-based products related activities for PWM Asia, including fund (Alternative Investments and Mutual Funds) sourcing and due diligence, product on-boarding, marketing and after sales support, product monitoring, and operational support. IMS team also manages discretionary portfolios across asset classes and leads other initiatives such as insurance referrals and lending program for PWM Asia clients.
The successful candidate will join the IMS team based in Hong Kong to primary be responsible for all legal aspects of IMS. He/She must have acquired a broad experience within either a similar role or the fund industry in order to independently review, draft and negotiate agreements and other applicable documentation (provider and client facing documentation). Exposure to insurance will be as well preferred. He/She will work closely with IMS COO and legal & compliance staff to ensure accordance with best practices for compliance with laws and regulations. The candidate should also be task driven, detail oriented and highly motivated to support a fast growing team, eager to provide timely product solutions in a challenging environment.
- Lead the on-boarding process of fund products across hedge funds, private equities, real estate, and mutual funds for PWM Asia platform. This includes offering materials due diligence, offshore feeder structure assessment and/or set-up, cross-border and eligibility requirements
- Advise on, draft and negotiate general agreements with fund providers.
- Prepare the PWM Asia client facing documentation, such as disclosures letters, pitch-book, tailored presentations in line with regulatory requirements.
- Update standard discretionary terms and investment mandates
- Assess feasibility of insurance lending cases and provide supporting documentation
- Support platform development initiatives such as investment linked products, custody relationship
- Assist in reviewing clients' subscription documentation.
- Advise and execute on business development initiatives such as separately managed accounts, co-investment deals
- Assess strategic or regulatory changes and manage legal risk by ensuring IMS standard terms of business and related client documentation are kept updated
- Take initiative to identify and analyze problems, provide advice and support to internal stakeholders, generate alternative solutions and make decisions with little or no direction/supervision
- Qualified lawyer (or experienced para-legal) with experience of financial services work, including wealth management and/or asset management
- Demonstrable experience in Funds industry obtained with local or overseas fund houses or private banks or legal counsel. Candidates with other product knowledge may be considered
- Relevant knowledge of Fund structure and regulation across key jurisdictions including Luxembourg, Ireland, Delaware, Cayman, Hong Kong, Singapore
- Knowledge of the legal and regulatory risks associated with wealth management services in AsiaPac, including cross-border rules
- Detail oriented, excellent English writing skills
- Relevant knowledge of wealth management services including insurance financing, trust structure
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to liaise with staff at all levels, including senior management
- Demonstrated ability to learn business requirements quickly, analyze legal and commercial risks and propose creative, commercial and business-oriented solutions
- Ability to effectively support a team, to assess, prioritize, communicate and handle evolving and multiple priorities concurrently
- Chinese read / write ability preferred