| Job Description: |
Bank of America is one of the world's largest financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for its international businesses and is a long-established participant in Asia Pacific with a presence since 1947. With 23 offices in 12 geographies, covering nine currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, the company offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate & Investment Banking, Global Markets and Wealth Management, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent from across the globe. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to actively promote an inclusive work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to the growth of our business. Each of our global Employee Networks bring together employees, create dialogue and awareness in support of our Diversity and Inclusion mission.
As a Sourcing Manager, you are able to negotiate extremely complex acquisitions from the inception to completion. He/she performs market research to obtain market knowledge, uses experience to develop intricate negotiation strategies and assigns roles and responsibilities to team members. Employee will be required to refine and detail requirements documents and be a trusted advisor to line of businesses (LOB) and a respected adversary by the vendor managers. Has the knowledge to maximize the competitive marketplace even when faced with the source-directed mentality, and also has the ability to achieve significant cost savings in sole-source procurement situations. The Sourcing Manager will assist with issues relating to risk and how to mitigate it. He/she will administer complex contractual activities from inception to completion. This associate is a valuable internal resource to the rest of the Sourcing team.
- Knows how to develop statement of works (SOWs) and contracts in accordance with best practices, assists the business owner in creating a SOW/service level agreements (SLA), providing clarity and addressing all LOB requirements, and facilitates the collection of additional data from vendor managers as required to support business needs
- Able to use persuasion to build group consensus and resolve challenging situations
- Has the ability to accurately interpret complex terminology used in constructing contractual documents
- Provides mentoring and training to Specialists
- Possesses the ability to exercise good legal judgment in determining the terms and conditions that are in Bank of America's best interest, assessing total impact of the contemplated agreement on the corporation
- Able to lead a team in the development of complex proposal documents and is proficient in the objective analysis of proposal responses, the identification on non-conforming items and the interview of potential service providers
- Able to structure all elements of a request for proposal (RFP) (technical, contractual, schedule and cost) in order to ensure that uniformed bids are received
- Able to develop processes for selection criteria and weighting of applicable criteria
- Performs effective cost price analysis on complex proposals and be able to effectively communicate inconsistencies with to the bidders
- Process owner executive; Capable of defining and influencing the supply strategy to achieve business results
- Maintains a positive and professional attitude towards work assignments, LOBs, co-workers and suppliers.
- Consistently provides a high level of service by establishing and clearly communicating mutual expectations, developing an understanding of LOB needs, and demonstrating competency and consistency in meeting commitments.
- Builds Partnerships - Builds broad-based business relationships across the organization. Skillfully influences peers and colleagues to promote and sell ideas. Proactively surfaces and resolves conflict with minimal noise.
- Is a mentor/coach for the team
- In depth knowledge of significant spend category, supply base and market conditions and mastery level sourcing principles
- Assists Senior Sourcing Manager with engagement routing
- Coordinates and leads complex sourcing event projects, will manage multiple events concurrently
- Ability to communicate, partner and influence across a matrix organization
- Superior ability to communicate concepts and ideas both verbally and in written form, including, but not limited to, e-mails, narratives in Ariba, white papers and presentations
- Have the organizational skills to monitor work and keep it on track to meet or exceed commitments. The individual consistently provides updates to the concerned parties and performs all tasks in a timely manner
- Acts as a valued advisor, exhibiting respect and professionalism to LOBs and affected support partners. The Employee is a tenacious proponent of minimizing risk, attaining best value (cost saves) and providing complete solutions. He or she is entrusted with completing the deal within the agreed timeframe, and streamlining the process.
- Requires all levels of participants to work together cooperatively
- Comfortable interacting with Senior Management teams throughout the organization
- Must be able to work independently and set goals/prioritized focus and time management skills
- Ability to work well on a team, as well as manage multiple priorities in quick time frames
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is an equal opportunities employer
Posting Date: 15/02/2017
Location: HK--Hong Kong, SG--Singapore
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40