This position will work as part of a highly motivated IT team with deep technical knowledge to keep our applications infrastructure robust, efficient and accessible. The position will provide the applicant opportunities to utilize and expand their skill set and knowledge as part of their duties testing, maintaining and supporting enterprise software applications. This position will work closely with Symphony staff to ensure they have the technology and training they need to accomplish short and long-range business goals. Knowledge of SQL, scripting languages and the Microsoft stack as well as ability to understand and support business initiatives will be a must for this position.
- Work as a team with IT staff to maintain and enhance software applications, reports, queries, and procedures using SQL, MS-Access, Infomaker, .NET, Visual Basic, and other programming tools.
- Manage and maintain Tessitura software.
- Work directly with all departments including Box Office, Subscriptions, Marketing, Development, and Finance teams to create reports needed for ticket-selling and fund-raising activities.
- Fulfill and document internal customer requests for reports and data.
- Help and train users in performing list pulls and extractions and running reports using Tessitura.
- Develop and deploy database scripts and stored procedures to facilitate automation.
- Participate in the testing of new functions associated with Tessitura including integration with other applications.
- Keep up with planned Tessitura enhancements and advises extended Tessitura team on possible uses for new functions.
- Produce/provide comprehensive user and system documentation and training for applications and reports as needed.
- Learn and support other applications including financial applications and SharePoint.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possess a minimum of four years of related experience in SQL, relational database design, programming and analysis.
- Experience using SSIS, SSRS and SSMS.
- Experience writing MDX queries and Analysis Services a plus.
- Experience with MS-SQL Server, MS-Access, VB, Infomaker and other programming tools is a plus.
- Experience with .NET development, xml, xslt a plus.
- Extensive experience with the Tessitura database and application a plus.
- Interest and ability to learn other software tools and programming languages quickly as the need arises.
- Possess project management and business analysis abilities.
- Must be able to deliver timely results both as an individual contributor as well as through other resources.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with technical staff and non-technical users.
- Outstanding problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, meet objectives and deadlines.
- Ability to write clear and concise documentation.
- College degree in Computer Science is a plus.
- Possess a positive, helpful attitude with a personal commitment to providing quality customer service to users.
- Ability to work as a team player, as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Possess a willingness to assume a wide variety of assignments. Able to multitask effectively when assigned projects of equal priority.
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience in non-profit organizations, particularly performing arts organizations.
To apply, please visit our website at www.sfsymphony.org. Under the About Us tab, go to the Careers and Auditions page and click on “Jobs at the SF Symphony.” Search for this job and click on “Apply for this Position” to submit your resume, cover letter, and application.