VCU Health System's Psychiatry is seeking a full time Behavioral Health Counselor located at the Virginia Treatment Center (VTCC) to provide direct clinical care by (1) providing initial psychiatric evaluations and individual treatment; (2) conducting telephone and face-to-face screening of new patients seeking ambulatory psychiatry services; and (3) performing assessments and short-term counseling and referral services for VCUHS HelpLink EAP (Employee Assistance Program). Providing program support to the VCUHS HelpLink EAP in the form of consultation services to managers and Human Resources regarding troubled employees; providing educational and critical incident support services to work units within the Health System; and collaborating with Health System leadership in offering innovative programs to improve the overall health status of the workforce Previous work with Children and Adolescents is preferred
Must be able to evaluate patients and EAP clients, formulate an accurate differential diagnosis, and develop and implement an appropriate course of treatment.
- Masters or Doctoral level education in the field of psychology, social work, counseling or nursing from an accredited program
- Current Virginia license as a Professional Counselor, Clinical Psychologist, Clinical Social Worker or Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Minimum of three (3) years post licensure experience providing initial psychiatric evaluations and psychotherapy in an outpatient setting
- One (1) year of previous experience providing EAP services
- Previous experience providing threat assessments and fitness for work evaluations
- Previous work with Children and Adolescents is preferred
At VCU Health System, our most important assets are not bricks and mortar; they are our team members … all 11,000+ of them. Our workforce is diverse, dedicated and talented. Our team members continue to earn local, regional and national awards and accolades, which is an indicator that they are happy and feel supported working here. And our culture of STAR Service focuses on our common purpose – “Our Caring Service Begins With Me.” – in the provision of the highest level of customer service, which encourages diversity and inclusion.
If you have been looking to take your career to the next level, we have been looking for you.
We offer more than 400 work/life benefits including competitive pay, generous benefits, flexible work options, prepaid tuition, on-site child and elder care and much, much more.
For a full position description and to apply visit
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. VCUHS appreciates diversity and encourages women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.