Founded in 1971, Youth & Opportunity United (Y.O.U.) is a leading youth services agency based in Evanston, Illinois. We provide a holistic set of services—afterschool and summer learning programs, mental health counseling, mentorship, and street outreach—that empower youth to realize their full potential. Each year, we support more than 1,600 low-income youth and reach more than 4,000 family members and all of our services are high quality, highly accessible, and entirely free.
The Director of Out of School Time Programs oversees all dimensions of afterschool and summer programming for Y.O.U.'s five Middle School programs within school districts 65, 68, and 69. The DOSTP reports to the interim Chief Program Officer and works with the Executive Director on external facing opportunities. Afterschool Program Managers at Chute, King Arts, Nichols, Lincoln, and Old Orchard report to the Director of Out of School Time Programs.
Summary of Role:
- Oversees all elements of Y.O.U.'s out of school time programming in the middle school space
- Provides leadership to ensure OST program design aligns with Y.O.U.'s strategic plan and framework
- Provides supervision and coaching to the OST Middle School Team
Primary Responsibilities Include:
Program Supervision and Accountability
- Supervises 5 Afterschool Program Managers and provides coaching, supervision, and tools to further empower staff to perform at their maximum capacity and deliver high-quality services
- Develops annual goals with Afterschool Program Managers re: performance and program improvement
- Engages in timely problem solving at all Middle School sites in SD 65, 68, and 69
- Meets quarterly with school principals in SD 65, 202, 68, and 69 to touch base on program expectations and build relationships
- Manages program model implementation and program improvement goals through check-in and onsite support and observation
Development and Implementation of Program Structures and Tools
- Leads and coordinates professional development opportunities for all OST staff.
- Designs program structures and supports applicable to all Middle School Programs (e.g., Program Design Refresh 2016) that align with the strategic plan
- Works on development and revisions of program manual, enrollment forms, and handbook applicable to all Middle School and Elementary School program sites
- Devises program related policies for all Middle and Elementary School program sites
- Stays up-to-date with internal and external best practices for out of school time programming and shares best practices with Middle School Team
- Co -steers the Summer Program Committee with Director of Elementary and High school Programs and co-lead all related efforts
Program Collaboration & Organizational Leadership
- Collaborates with the OST Directors of Elementary and High school Programs to share best practices and promote consistency of Y.O.U.'s program model throughout school districts and the OST pathway
- Participates in program evaluation efforts
- Collaborates with the other program directors and managers to seamlessly integrate all dimensions of our services
- Confers with financial team to solve budgetary issues as they arise with out of school time grants
- Work with your team to implement the Strategic Plan
- Serves as lead ambassador for Y.O.U. program visits with potential donors, community partners, and key stakeholders; acts as key resource and spokesperson as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Follow the employer's instructions to apply for this job.