- Results – evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgement; ability to balance the delivery of programs against the realities of a budget; ability to solve problems
- Strategic Vision and Agility – ability to think strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends, and incorporate them into the organizational plan
- Action Oriented – enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; able to act and react as necessary, even when limited information is available; not afraid to take charge of a situation
- Personal qualities integrity, credibility, accountability and commitment to the mission of Center on Halsted
· Team oriented – Commitment to and experience with collective process and problem-solving.
· Flexible – Can work in an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrates creative resourcefulness
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer sensitivity.
- Excellent verbal skills, oral and written.
· Masters in Social Work (MSW) required – Minimum of 3 years in the field.
· Bilingual (Spanish) is strongly favored
· Experience and commitment to working with youth – including youth who are experiencing homelessness, have current or past foster-care and juvenile justice system involvement, is required.
· Microsoft Office proficiency required.
Apply by email with the subject Youth Program Case Manager Applicant. Email resume, cover letter, and salary history/salary range expectations to: HR Department, firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your cover letter, please address the following:
- What strategies would you use to engage LGBTQ youth, and to support them in setting goals for themselves?
· Please discuss your perspective on positive youth development and explain how you would work to ensure that all young people are seen as assets, rather than a problem; and as a whole person as opposed to being defined by their need/s (i.e. homelessness, HIV status, etc.)
- What is required to successfully work collaboratively with a team toward supporting LGBTQ youth?
Equal Opportunity Employer: Center on Halsted hires the most qualified candidates without regard to any person’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, pregnancy, military discharge status or source of income.