| Purpose: |
The Technical Program Manager ensures standardized operational practices are effectively executed at the local level and seeks continual improvement opportunities to maximize the value of the Gift. Key Areas of Responsibility:
Primary emphasis of work is managing and participating in donor eligibility, tissue evaluation, processing and distribution of tissue in accordance with regulatory guidelines. Leads lab operations team to assure maximum effectiveness and efficiency of all activities. Shall exercise considerable independent judgement and professional managerial knowledge in the ongoing analysis and review of technical departmental operations, staff training and development, quality control & assurance, continuous improvement processes, and financial planning as it relates to technical operations. General direction is received from the Director, who holds the Technical Program Manager responsible for the achievement of the department operational goals and objectives.
- Has subject matter expertise and proficiency in all areas of technical competencies required to effectively run the lab – (EX: donor eligibility determination, tissue evaluation/suitability, EK tissue processing, lab & equipment maintenance, quality control, etc).
- Is capable of leading, coaching and training others.
- Collaborates with network training resources to continually improve and enhance practices.
- Collaborates in the development, implementation and maintenance of written policies and procedures that support sound management and quality practices.
- Adheres to KeraLink Quality practices.
- Provides required data and oversight to ensure Quality standards are met at facility level.
Accounting and Finance
- Manages supply and inventory, ordering, inspection and approval processes.
- Effective execution and growth of processing programs and staff(EX: EK processing, Autologous Eye Serum Drops, VisionGraft, etc.).
- Assures team is qualified, trained and balanced in critical competencies.
- Engages, coaches and leads staff to create a cohesive, customer focused team atmosphere.
- Applies people practices and programs in compliance with corporate standards and with outside regulatory agencies.
- A high degree of value for the gift we are entrusted to steward.
- Foster reciprocal relationships that ensure growth and compliance of the program.
- Act for the greater good of our joint mission with organ and tissue bank partners through a conscious effort to leverage common resources and share practices.
- Raise program awareness to KeraLink leadership through transparent communication, effective reporting, and a proactive approach to sharing of information.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in compliance through standard operating procedures.
- Create a method and a report to identify deficiency for follow-up training to be performed.
- Review department budget with Director and determine cost saving factors.
- Determine benchmarks for the staff to be more proficient, if benchmarks are not met, recommended solutions should be made to the Director.
- Build and develop Reciprocal Relationships
- Help one another by sharing information, practices, talent
- View your peers and counterparts as customers, offer exceptional customer service
- Create and offer Awareness
- Lead your teams through your technical knowledge and expertise
- Value the Gift
- Assure quality and patient safety at all costs