The City of Hardeeville is offering a paid internship/practicum program in our Parks, Recreation, and Tourism Department for College and University students. It is our objective to recruit the most qualified students and provide them experiences that enhance professional development and career opportunities.
The program will expose the intern to the Local Government Parks, Recreation, and Tourism Field through hands-on work experience. The program is designed to supplement course work and to stimulate further interest in a career related to Parks, Recreation, and Tourism. It is also designed to assess and identify potential candidates for future positions with the City of Hardeeville.
The City of Hardeeville Parks, Recreation, and Tourism Department is committed to working closely with the citizens of our community to provide the best recreation, sport, and event opportunities possible in order to promote a safe, fun, and entertaining City.
Internship Qualifications Interns must be fluent in English with regards to speaking, writing, reading, and understanding. The internship is a minimum of 12 weeks in length. Starting and ending dates may be determined based on school’s semesters. Interns must have their internship recognized as part of an academic program. Students must hold or be pursuing a degree in a related field to the internship. Random drug testing may take place.
Benefits of being a City of Hardeeville Parks and Recreation Intern:
- Use of company phone for long distance calls to advisors
- Computer access for E-mail
- Interns will receive a stipend of $350/bi-weekly
- Housing is available, provided by the City in a City-owned property. For stipend interns $25/per pay period will be deducted, which includes water, utilities, and internet. The housing unit is fully furnished and equipped with a full kitchen, fridge, microwave, cooking/eating utensils, and a television. You must provide your own bedding for a twin bed along with an alarm clock and other personal items. The house is located behind the fire station and the new library. A $100.00 refundable housing deposit is required from all interns before or upon arrival to the City of Hardeeville. Public Transportation will not be provided. Automobiles are highly recommended for commuting to work and for social purposes.
- As an intern you will be helping with the development, planning, and implementation of different community events and programs. Some examples include Youth Sports, Summer Camps, Tournaments, Fireworks and Fun, Trunk-or-Treat, Christmas Tree Lighting and others. You will get experience marketing events to the community and community outreach. You will have hands on experience working with different departments of government as well.