Department: Mason Learning Solutions
George Mason University Learning Solutions seeking an organized and compliance-minded individual to serve as a Systems Administrator. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason's academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Learning Solutions is committed to meeting the needs of organizations, agencies and individuals through both alternative credit and noncredit professional development programs that are timely, relevant and cost effective. Learning Solutions strives to facilitate the development, promotion, and delivery of educational and training solutions which complement the academic strengths and expertise of the university. By providing innovative and diversified educational/training experiences, we enhance workforce development, organizational effectiveness and economic development.
This position reports to the Director of Operations and is responsible for all data, hardware, and vendor or in-house developed software systems management, to include product recommendation and/or development as well as articulating technical issues and solutions. Responsibilities include:
- Install, secure, and maintain all hardware, operating systems, and vendor or in-house developed software that Learning Solutions uses at multiple sites, either independently or in coordination with other University technical staff;
- Responsible for the administration and user access to all Learning Solutions network resources and vendor or in-house developed software systems;
- Creates and maintains all Learning Solutions system related documentation to include all user training; and
- Serves as the point of contact for non-credit activity that is transferred and housed in Ellucian Banner and coordinates with and serves as a back up to the Learning Solutions Webmaster.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of technical applications, systems and hardware;
- Has sound knowledge and understanding of software systems and is able to apply that knowledge and terminology to current projects;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)—ability to articulate and communicate needs and requirements and provide technical assistance to nontechnical members of the staff;
- Ability to recognize and identify problems, resolve or refer appropriately, and provide problem analysis;
- Advanced use of computer applications (Microsoft Office suite);
- Ability to expertly organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks with a high degree of accuracy; and
- Ability to work independently, but also thrive in a team environment.
- University Ellucian Banner experience;
- Familiarity with ACEware and ACEweb or equivalent student registration and payment systems;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access
- Experience in a higher education setting;
- Previous experience implementing database and registration software; and
- Possess significant demonstrated experience (three to five years) in a technical capacity.
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience.
Criminal Background Check: Standard Background Check, Financial Background Check
Mason Ad Statement:
Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report “Up and Coming” spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Mason’s diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 01333z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.