General DescriptionPerform accounting and finance functions for ID Card Services. Prepare, maintain, review and analyze various records and reports to aid in the development of fiscal year budgets. Compile financial information, process journal transfers between various departments and divisions, and reconcile reports and financial data to ensure compliance with University regulations and restrictions. Reconcile the J-Cash account to SAP and prepare related check requests and journal entries. Monitor credit card activity, reconcile data through payment gateways and upload data to Cash Accounting. Identify and resolve all financial discrepancies. (40%)
Manage an accurate inventory of Blackboard and other related equipment. Reconcile inventory to SAP, recognize revenues, prepare billing for installations and close out projects. Assist supervisor with yearly cost allocation by compiling maintenance pricing data for device installations. (35%)
Fulfill system administrator functions for the Blackboard Transact system and provide support to all schools using the system. Works closely with central IT to identify and resolve issues and also suggest enhancement requests to current system properties. (25%)
Essential Job Functions:
- Create, run and distribute daily, weekly, and monthly reports to 30 University departments and 25 outside vendors who accept J-Cash. Monitor the J-Cash balance sheet account and reconcile roughly two million transactions annually totaling ~ $11 million from Blackboard Transact to SAP. Reconciliation is performed on a monthly basis.
- Upload to SAP 40k credit card deposits totaling $2.1 million annually to the J-Cash balance sheet on a daily/weekly basis. Utilize paywire and processor to batch credit card payments made through SIS. Access bank accounts and run reports to identify fees and commissions of $50k annually and upload to general funds budget.
- Review and approve weekly payments to Homewood food service provider and outside vendors for J-Cash sales; create and run Blackboard reports to verify accuracy of payment for declining balance plan and maintain historical data. Compile data for the tax office for yearly 1099ks for outside vendors and dining services.
- Prepare journals to reimburse over 30 departments and other divisions for J-Cash activity. Approve and process J-Cash transfers to over 200 student clubs who use J-Card devices for fundraising.
- Reconcile over 400 student account transfer requests to Blackboard and SAP for about $50k and resolve any discrepancies with the Student Accounts Office.
- Process refunds of J-Cash for separated students. Manage a bulk deactivation of about 8,000 records which includes forfeiting remaining balances for about $20k in revenue and removal of access for graduated students or terminated employees.
- Manage the general funds budget of roughly $600K by utilizing the BW reporting system. Assist supervisor with budget projections for current and future fiscal years. Identify and resolve financial discrepancies. Review and reconcile procurement card activity and maintain records according to University regulations. Prepare and submit reports to the tax office.
- Assist Peabody and SAIS with dining plans by uploading dining accounts and funds to their cards and also sweeping the accounts at the end of the academic year.
- Forecast fiscal year installation projects to order inventory at bulk discounted pricing. Request quotes from Blackboard, use Shopping Cart to create purchase orders, check-in new devices and manage a 500 piece inventory that has ins and outs of $800k annually. Reconcile inventory account to SAP using BW/Analysis reporting and project billings/estimations.
- Work with Hardware Technician to create billing for new J-Card installations, charge out expenses and recognize income. Monitor prices and billing structure to make sure customers and department benefit from equipment installations. Compile and maintain yearly maintenance fees for schools installing and utilizing the Blackboard system.
- Set up new hardware, users, merchants, SV accounts, credit cards stores, TIA connections, access plans, and door schedules and other tasks as assigned in the Blackboard Transact system. Configure new devices and respond to service requests for door access and schedule changes for over 700 doors. Assist Housing and Dining with Sequoia Back Office software and execute necessary steps to integrate with Blackboard. Develop menus, tenders, and reports for all schools using the retail system. Test upgrades to Blackboard Transact, perform user/technical testing for disaster recovery, submit JIRAs for new issues, and assist in resolving system issues with Central IT.
- Participate in Freshmen Orientation and Move-In by taking J-Cash deposits and providing customer support to new students and parents. Service new hires, students, faculty and staff in card production and depositing functions. Resolve financial issues and customer complaints. Assist in the response of office email for information or service. Position is required to understand all of the duties of the administrative support staff position and perform those duties as necessary, as well as performing all other duties as assigned by the IDCS Supervisor.