We, the staff and faculty of the Frankel Cardiovascular Center (FCVC) team, are committed to advancing medicine and serving humanity through living and teaching our core values of Respect and Compassion; Collaboration; Innovation; and Commitment to Excellence.
Each FCVC employee is expected to understand and demonstrate that in every interaction we represent our entire organization in the care we provide and in the courtesies we extend to patients, families, and each respective team member. The FCVC is dedicated to partnering with patients and families to deliver the safest and highest quality of health care.
Excellent service is an expected and integral part of the FCVC culture. To be considered for this position, a cover letter is required and should be attached as the first page with your resume. The cover letter should address each of the following points in about 50 words or less:
- Describe your background and qualifications and why you believe you would be a good fit for this position at the FCVC.
- Outline your service excellence skills and experiences which would be applicable to this position.
- In your most recent position, how was service excellence emphasized?
- Describe a situation in which a customer or colleague was upset and the steps you took to resolve the issue to a reasonable conclusion.
Purpose of Position: Serve as a care coordinator in the Frankel Cardiovascular Call Center and Clinic (FCVC) New Patient Coordination Center: provide clerical support services to triage all new patient appointment scheduling for clinic visits and ancillary testing (as required), and provide initial triage for medical records retrieval. Clerical care coordinator will work in collaboration with the FCVC patient financial counselor to provide cost estimates and other financial data required for service as well as tracking marketing data via standardized process. In addition, this position will provide back-up support to CVC Referral coordinator position (if needed).
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide the initial contact for all marketing initiatives and new patient inquiries in the New Patient Access Center.
- Work in collaboration with the clinic leads to coordinate patients’ appointments, procedure scheduling and any other services for patients / families / referring physicians.
- Coordinate all aspects of the new patient and return visits to exceed the expectations of our patients/families, and referring physicians.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service and marketing skills in all interactions with new and existing patients, referring physicians, faculty and staff.
- Perform various scheduling duties for the New Patient Coordination Center including routine scheduling, resource processing for clinics, mailing and confirming appointments, and triaging scheduling issues from clerical colleagues.
- Provide back-up coverage to referral coordinator for absences.
Supervision Received: General supervision is received from the FCVC Call Center Manager. Functional supervision from CVC New Patient Clerical Lead Call Center and onsite Clinic Lead in the FCVC Clinic. Staff members in this classification are expected to exercise judgment in identifying problems, seeking and implementing solutions.
Supervision Exercised: None.
High School diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary. This position requires excellent customer service skills. Energetic individual, motivated with a positive and professional attitude. Must be a team player with ability to take direction and communicate with peers and patients courteously and respectfully at all times. Ability to multi-task and work in a high volume area is necessary. Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills. Must be very comfortable working with computers and have a general knowledge of office practices. Requires flexibility in all aspects of work assignments.
Knowledge of check-in and check-out utilizing Cadence scheduling system.
Shift/Days, Monday - Friday, 40 hours
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.