The Division of Pediatric Pulmonology in the Department of Pediatrics is seeking a Clinical Subjects Associate. The selected individual will work in partnership with Division clinical faculty and research staff. This position supports translational research in asthma, cystic fibrosis and other diseases.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Screen patients for enrollment
- Obtain informed consent
- Coordinate patient scheduling
- Administer patient surveys, case report forms
- Enter, verify, and correct data collected on or from clinical subjects into various clinical trial databases.
- Perform spirometry, collect nasal mucus or sputum for analysis. This may require travel to subjects’ homes.
- Schedules trial related procedures
- Other duties as needed
- Bachelors Degree in a health science discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Clinical research experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously in study management of clinical subjects.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other disciplines in the management of clinical subjects.
- Good working knowledge and previous experience with standard computer programs, such as: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Access.
- One or more years research experience
- Functioning automobile with insurance for home visits
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Under Michigan law, a criminal history check including fingerprinting is required as a condition of transfer or employment for this position.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.