Central Washington University
Central Washington University is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity/Title IX employer committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
Full/Part Time Full-Time
| || |
| || Job Summary |
| || |
The Assistant Vice President of Recruitment and Admissions leads the Office of Admissions and is an integral part of the University's multi-faceted Enrollment Management team. Responsible for the strategic development and execution of marketing, recruitment, admission, and yield strategies for incoming students, the Assistant Vice President reports to the Vice President of Enrollment Management. An innovative and visionary leader, the Assistant Vice President is on the cutting edge of current technologies that aid in tracking and reporting student data and is able to lead the department in data-driven decisions. He/she develops and implements innovative programs and strategies that will result in the development of a nationally recognized enrollment model.
| || Job Duties |
| || |
- Provide vision, leadership, and strong strategic direction to the area of Admissions in support of the University's aggressive enrollment goals while maintaining student quality and diversity.
- Facilitate/lead regular rhythm meetings with staff in groups and one on one to ensure clarity of direction and alignment of activities.
- Ensures resources are allocated effectively to achieve objectives. Reviews expenses, prepares periodic reports, and develops annual budget recommendations.
- Actively engages in recruitment and hiring new employees;
- Clearly defines performance expectations, ensure accountability, and provides ongoing informal feedback, coaching, and mentoring. Conducts formal performance evaluations;
- Ensures employees have necessary resources;
- Oversees and directs the work of staff; serves as mentor, coach and leader, and resolves complaints or issues;
- Promotes professional development opportunities;
- Develops and fosters supportive working relationships, motivation and engagement;
- Communicates information to staff on an ongoing basis to influence staff engagement and to be a part of a larger community;
- Takes corrective action in a timely manner;
- Recognizes and rewards employees for good performance;
- Schedules employee work hours/shifts; monitor hours worked; approve payable time and absence requests;
- Adjusts leadership style as needed to achieve results;
- Recognizes value of and promotes diverse workforce. Values and encourages diverse perspectives, creativity and teamwork
STRATEGIC DEVELOPMENT AND EXECUTION
- Develops and executes an innovative, comprehensive, data-driven marketing plan with strategies targeted at coverage / penetration in new and existing markets.
- Develops a comprehensive, data-driven recruitment plan that optimizes local, regional, and national admissions and recruitment forums, events and activities.
- Develops recruitment and admissions strategies to target special and diverse populations (non-traditional/adults, seniors, military, community college and technical school students and graduates, international, racial and ethnic diversity, rural, suburban, urban, etc.).
- Designs, implements, and/or manages data reporting / customer relations management systems to provide analytics to drive departmental decisions.
- Works collaboratively with other units in the divisions of Enrollment Management and Academic and Student Life to assist students in a smooth transition into the institution (i.e. Financial Aid, Orientation, Housing, Student Life, etc.)
- Represents the University to students, parents, and community members at public events.
- Ensures monitoring systems are in place to track compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations that all staff have the training that they need to comply with relevant laws and regulations, and assures accurate and prompt reporting of data.
- Directs customized admissions counseling and communication strategies, providing appropriate support and information to the students from inquiry to matriculation.
- Establishes measurable enrollment processes and procedures for Admissions that ensures cohesive communication between departments, efficient and timely processing of applications, and customized notification to students.
- Assists the faculty and staff university wide in the development and monitoring of an annual short range and long range Strategic Enrollment Management plan that measures periodic and ongoing progress with specific enrollment goals.
- Promotes collaboration and transparent communication of admissions and enrollment management goals, activities, and progress to faculty, staff, and the broader campus community.
- Actively promotes involvement and participation of faculty / support staff in enrollment programs.
- Establishes tools for measuring the effectiveness of external resources utilized in recruitment efforts and responds innovatively to applying new resources to meet recruitment goals.
- Adheres to and fosters high standards of ethical conduct, compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, and appropriate financial oversight and controls.
- Serves on various University committees, attends related university system meetings, and frequently works evenings and weekends.
- Other duties as assigned.
| || Minimum Qualifications |
| || |
- A demonstration of knowledge and application of best practices in enrollment management including, but not limited to, marketing, data analytics, utilization of third-party vendors, the awarding of scholarships/financial aid to meet enrollment goals, etc.
- Demonstration of utilizing data analytics to inform decisions and articulation of return on investment.
- Proven track record of building strong relationships with feeder high schools and counselors while conducting national and international recruitment campaigns; high visibility with local, regional and national professional associations.
- Previous supervision of full-time employees required.
- Extensive experience managing third-party contracts for prospect development and yield services, including ROI analysis of contract effectiveness
- Strong data analytics and interpretation abilities to assist in making data-driven decisions.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with databases and reporting software required (e.g. Peoplesoft, CRM systems, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience designing, developing, and implementing lifecycle communication plans targeted to specific audiences (traditional high school students, parents, transfer, and non-traditional.
- Demonstrated, effective management of department resources (budget, equipment, personnel, etc.).
- A commitment to providing services in accordance with the stated mission, goals, objectives, and priorities of an organization.
- Demonstration of creativity and innovation in strategic planning and problem-solving, and an understanding of integrated marketing and its impact on enrollment.
- A high level of collaboration and teamwork and exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to collaborate with a wide cross-section of senior administrators, faculty, alumni, staff and students.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and intermediate computer literacy.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Accountability/Dependability: Accepts responsibility for quality of own work; acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Shows up on time, meets standards, deadlines and work schedules.
- Judgement: Makes timely, informed decisions. Analyzes options and determines appropriate course of action.
- Teamwork: Promotes cooperation and mutual support to achieve goals. Encourages participation and mutual support.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Responds positively to changing business needs and responsibilities. Adapts approach and methods to achieve results; recovers quickly from setbacks and finds alternatives.
- Commitment to Diversity: Recognizes the value of diversity and helps create environment that supports and embraces diversity.
| || Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule |
| || |
$120,000 - $140,000 dependent upon qualifications and experience
| Monday - Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (1 hour lunch) Some nights and weekends may be required. |
Work is performed in an indoor office setting with frequent in-person interactions. It is essential to be able to remain at a desk/computer work station for prolonged periods of time, perform extensive data entry and other computer-related tasks and create/maintain filing systems for departmental records. Some evening or weekend work and/or occasional travel may be required.
CWU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, life and disability insurance, along with vacation and sick leave plans depending on employment classification. For additional information please visit: http://www.cwu.edu/hr/benefits-0
| || How To Apply |
| || |
To apply for this position, you must complete the on-line application and attach:
- A detailed cover letter clearly demonstrating how your education and experience: (a) meet the required (and, as applicable, preferred) qualifications, and (b) demonstrate the ability to perform the responsibilities as described by the posting; and
- Resume including work history, education, and training
Screening Begins: March 1, 2017
**Priority will be given to applications received by the screening date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
| || Contact Information |
| || |
Name: Susan Lund
Title: Administrative Assistant
Phone: (509) 963-3130
Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 509-963-1202 if you require technical assistance with the on-line application process.
| || Conditions of Employment |
| || |
Prior to employment, final candidate(s) will be required to submit to a background check. All information obtained through background investigations will be strictly confidential and revealed only to those required to have access.