Essential Duties :
APPLICATION DEADLINE: This is an open until filled search. First consideration will be given to applications received by March 7, 2017. Second consideration may be given to applications received by March 20, 2017. Applications received subsequent to second consideration (March 20, 2017) may not be given full consideration.
Provide oversight, perform analyses, and make recommendations on all clinical matters relative to the scope, accessibility, and quality of care provided within the University's Health Services. Supervise personnel and establish policies, procedures and priorities necessary to maintaining a quality health care program. Provide primary ambulatory care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
Interview and evaluate physicians and advanced practice clinical roles, such as: nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and psychiatric clinical nurse specialist's applicants and make recommendations to the Director of Health Services regarding provider staffing.
Directly supervise and schedule physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and psychiatric clinical nurse specialists according to Health Services needs while adhering to union contractual agreements.
Develop and maintain systems and protocols to ensure fulfillment of legal and ethical responsibilities of physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and psychiatric clinical nurse specialists.
Establish medical, personnel utilization, and quality/performance improvement policies in consultation with the Coordinators of Nursing, Laboratory, X-ray, Pharmacy, Health Information Management, and Health Education in all matters directly affecting patient care.
Propose to the Director of Health Services innovative and efficient medical services. Implement such proposals in cooperation with the Director and Leadership Team.
Provide clinical oversight to URIEMS in adherence to state protocols.
Assume primary responsibility for medical and specialty clinics and ancillary services and assure high quality medical care through leadership and direct supervision of clinical staff with adherence to professional, state and federal rules and regulations.
Coordinate with the Director of Health Services in responding to student proposals and complaints regarding medical care.
Oversee the credentialing and privileging, peer review, Continuing Medical Education (CME) program and professional development for medical staff members.
Oversee medical aspects of day to day operations to balance quality of care and staff morale with efficiency, productivity, and budgetary constraints.
Responsibility spans general medicine, sports medicine, urgent care, and women's health and allergy/immunization/travel medicine clinics.
Develop and maintain clinical and operational policies and procedures consistent with established practice standards to ensure healthcare provided at Health Services meets the highest possible professional and ethical standard.
Serve as a member of the Leadership Team to plan, develop, coordinate, assess and implement as well as goal setting and strategic planning.
Represent Health Services to the University Community concerning the delivery of healthcare services and emergent public health issues.
Active involvement with committees and professional organizations both internal and external to Health Services, in order to champion the health of the college student population, advance Health Services mission and support the mission of the Division of Student Affairs and the University of Rhode Island.
Ensure high quality collaboration with URI Counseling Services.
Work collaboratively with the Director of Health Services and the Leadership Team to foster and maintain a collaborative, engaging and positive work environment for all staff.
Serve as a clinical provider, which entails spending a portion of the time evaluating, diagnosing and treating patients.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Serve on key committees as requested by the Director of Health Services.
Perform related duties and responsibilities as defined by the Director of Health Services.
Serve as a member or representative on search committees for Leadership personnel positions at Health Services.
LICENSES, TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
Must have a State of Rhode Island physician's license, state and federal DEA, Board Certification and CPR certified.
1. Must hold or obtain an unrestricted Rhode Island medical license prior to appointment.
2. Degree of Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from an accredited medical school.
3. Must be board certified in an appropriate specialty (Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, and/or Emergency Medicine)as recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) (certification must be maintained during the tenure as Medical Director).
4. Minimum of six years of current professional clinical experience exclusive of internship and residency practice of medicine.
5. Minimum of four years of professional administrative leadership experience.
6. Demonstrated supervisory experience in an ambulatory, medical group, and/or healthcare setting.
7. Must have a valid DEA registration.
8. Demonstrated clinical competency in the delivery of healthcare to late adolescents and young adults.
9. Demonstrated strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
10. Demonstrated group practice primary ambulatory care experience with adolescent/young adult populations, women's health and/or primary practice orthopedic care.
11. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations.
12. Demonstrated experience in the delivery of primary care, urgent care, and routine office procedures.
13. Demonstrated experience with electronic health records/practice management software.
14. Demonstrated evidence of collaborative leadership style.
1. Minimum of four years of professional administrative leadership experience in a college health setting.
2. Demonstrated direct supervisory experience of physicians and advanced practice clinical roles, such as: registered nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and clinical psychiatric nurse practitioners.
3. Demonstrated experience serving as a Medical Director.
4. Demonstrated experience in physician leadership roles.
5. Demonstrated experience accomplishing goals with limited resources.
6. Demonstrated experience with the clinical treatment of disordered eating, primary practice orthopedic care and sexual health.
7. Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) or Joint Commission accreditation experience.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES
Status : Calendar Year, Full-time, Permanent
Union: Non-Union Non-Classified Staff
Pay Grade Level: N/A
Pay Rate Detail: Anticipated pay range: $195,000 - $250,000
Campus Location: Kingston
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach 3 (PDF) documents to your online Employment Application: (#1) Cover letter, (#2) Resume, and (#3) “Other Document” the names and contact information of three professional references.
The University of Rhode Island is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, persons of color, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, and other protected group members are encouraged to apply.