| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of Anesthesiology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position schedules patient for new and return visits in a busy West County Pain Management physician office. Position is primary for the front desk, checks patients in and out, obtains and verifies demographic and insurance information from patients. Collects co-pays and past due balances.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works as a part of a team to provide excellent patient care and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Schedules patients for return visits over the phone. Verify insurance, updates IDX and Soarian registration fields.
- Assists with pre-registration for patients in Soarian.
- Serves as primary for the front desk.
- Verifies and updates patient insurance and demographics in IDX, uses e-commerce and other web-based verification sites.
- Prepares paper charts prior to patient visits.
- Assists in scrubbing electronic fee ticket in Allscripts by working the REF report.
- Works a variety of Allscripts task lists related to patient phone messaging.
- Collects/enters Meaningful Use documentation.
- Assists patients with billing related questions about WU bill.
- Calls patients with appointment time reminder, obtaining insurance information and referral forms.
- Assists staff with sending out reminder cards and other related scheduling duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma with 3 years of experience in billing systems and third-party claims and/or experience in a medical office setting or related customer service/office experience.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and working knowledge of insurance and financial options.
- Comfortable with using an EMR.
- Prefer two years of physician office front desk experience and familiar with Allscripts, IDX, and Soarian.
- Knowledge of EPIC a plus.
The hiring range for this position is $14.95 - $18.31 per hour.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Internal Applicant Instruction:
This position is grade C06.
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.