Job Description - This position provides crucial administrative support, reception, financial, and event planning assistance for the Department of Anthropology. The incumbent serves as the primary administrative assistant for daily office operations in addition to providing administrative support with event planning of lectures, receptions, and other departmental activities; assists with maintaining the departmentâ??s webpage, social media accounts, provide support for courses and the undergraduate concentration and additional administrative duties as assigned, based on department need. The incumbent serves as the primary point of contact for visitor walk-ins, telephone, and general inquiries. This position may also assist the Financial Coordinator with initiating department financial business processes in Workday. Overall, the position provides effective and efficient support to a wide range of individuals, such as administrative or other academic units, student inquiries, faculty requests, and prospective students and parents seeking information about the department. The ideal candidate will be customer service-oriented, resourceful, proactive, and self-motivated.
- High School diploma and 3 - 5 years of office experience (preferably in an academic environment) with some college preferred.
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently, and successfully manage multiple priorities in a busy environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational, and proofreading skills.
- Ability to interact with multiple audiences and people from diverse backgrounds.
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheet and email software applications required; Word and Excel preferred.
- Ability to comprehend actions needed for updating website with new information.
- Flexibility and ability to work independently and with colleagues in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle confidential materials.
This position is a 75% effort position with full benefits, approximately 30 hours per week; mid
August through mid June, with flexibility extended at the time of hire.
Background Check - Criminal
Recruiting Start Date:2017-01-01-08:00
Job Posting Title:Administrative Assistant
Department:Department of Anthropology
Time Type:Part time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:30
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.