NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Registered Nurse in the Mother & Baby Unit. To qualify you must have a Bachelor's degree in Nursing, a current New York State RN license and current BLS certification with the American Heart Association. Exceptional new graduates who meet the criteria for the NYULMC Nurse Residency Program and have a strong interest in this specialty will be considered. For more information about NYULMC's Nurse Residency Program, please visit www.nyunursing.org. Interested new graduates must upload unofficial transcripts reflecting all nursing and science grades and two letters of recommendation from clinical instructors together with their completed application. A maximum of five attachments are permitted, so if you have transcripts from multiple schools, please combine them into one attachment file. Only complete applications will be considered. The successful candidate is expected to carry out care responsibilities with emphasis on nursing judgments to assist patients attain their optimum level of wellness within a framework of stated outcomes. Care responsibilities span from admission through discharge.
- Collects, assesses and documents patient healthcare data. Involves patient/family and Interdisciplinary team o identify a plan of care and outcomes that are realistic and measurable. Prioritize care based upon data collected. Documents assessment and reassessment in medical records.
- Implements interventions in the coordination of patient care in a safe, timely and appropriate manner and applies escalation process. Considers needs and behaviors of specific patient age groups and cultural groups in all patient care activities. Documents interventions per hospital standard.
- Educates the patient/family regarding health status and established plan of care. Determines learning needs of the patient/family. Implements an educational plan. Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to modify expected outcomes. Documents learning outcomes of patient/family and revises education plan. (Include utilization of EHR education tools)
- Evaluates the patient's progress towards expected outcomes. Involves the patient/family and interdisciplinary team in the evaluation process, recognizes changes in patient condition, reports documents and evaluates the effectiveness of the intervention(s).
- Participates in and contributes to in unit activities to provide patient care in a healing, humane and caring environment.
- Demonstrates understanding of and contributes to unit throughput efficiencies and metrics. (Include unit throughput measures e.g. DBN, door to triage, assign to occupy, first case starts, room turnover)
- Complies with unit based and organizations professional standards, New York State Nurse Practice Act and regulations of relevant outside agencies, e.g., NY State Department of Health, The Joint Commission, regulatory requirements etc.
- Exhibits appropriate judgment in delegated activities. Demonstrates ability to differentiate those activities which are in scope of professional nursing practice, and those that may be delegated to ancillary staff.
- Complies with annual education and mandatory/regulatory requirements (Include learning transcript and supportive documentation).
- Serves as a support and resource for nursing staff and students.
- Engages in self-assessment and peer review; utilizes resources to meet individual learning need and promote professional development in clinical practice.
- Adheres to patient care and nursing standards in care delivery, and uses clinical practice guidelines (CPG).
- Attends unit practice councils (UPC) and utilizes the practice council structure to critically appraise and influence practice (Include supportive evidence).
- Demonstrates a solid foundation and understanding of organizational goals as outlined within the quality and safety performance improvement plan (QSPIP) and nurse sensitive quality indicators (Include unit based quality measures e.g. HAPU, CAUTI, CLABSI, Falls).
To qualify you must have a Licensure: Current Registered Professional Nurse in New York. Education: Baccalaureate degree in Nursing required; Fluent written and spoken English language skills..
Required Licenses: Registered Nurse License-NYS
Membership in pertinent professional organizations preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.