NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education.
Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history.
The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research.
For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
Responsible for providing Benefits information and administration for selected group of employees at NYU Hospitals Center and/or NYU School of Medicine
- Provides information and counseling to all eligible employees regarding benefits related matters. Responds to benefits questions (verbal and written) in a professional, accurate, complete and timely manner. Follows through where additional information is needed and responds as soon as possible and contacts carriers as needed to resolve problems. Reports potential problems to Manager and co-workers as soon as they become apparent. Meets with employees to discuss benefits and necessary steps to process paperwork. Elicits feedback from employees in order to ensure a complete understanding of issues and so that the employee can be advised correctly and ensures employee is appraised of all benefits options available to him/her. Responds to verification inquiries from hospitals, private physicians and pharmacies regarding eligibility and levels of coverage for current and terminated employees. Assists employees with WEB enrollment.
- Ensures that all Benefits related documents are thoroughly reviewed, completed, and processed in a timely manner. Examines application forms for completeness and accuracy, collecting and reviewing all required documentation necessary for enrolling dependents. Reports attempts or requests that signify plan violation to Senior Benefits Specialist or Manager. Reviews and analyzes CPPs and FSA reports for our employees in order to make the necessary benefits updates. Reports enrollments and terminations of employees from the benefit plans in a timely manner. Understands eligibility and plan provisions of the assigned Health and Welfare and Retirement plans prior to form completion. Completes each form accurately and neatly initiates follow-up as required and submits all enrollment/change forms to outside vendors within 24 hours of receiving paperwork.
- Conducts new employee orientations informing new employees of all benefits entitlements. Prepares all materials in advance of orientation. Presents information in a clear and comprehensive manner. Solicits questions from employees and provides assistance in all benefits related areas. Distributes all completed paperwork (internally and externally) in a timely manner. Performs specialized orientation presentation (i.e. Post Docs, Research Assistants) in a well prepared and professional manner. Advises employees at all levels via phone, written correspondences, and in person, of all various plan options
- Coordinates benefit eligibility with internal systems and external carrier systems. Advised Benefits Systems of eligibility discrepancies and requests changes in providing employee name, plan information, Social Security number, etc. Fully capable of navigating internal and external systems for benefits information verification. Conducts audits as requested needed to maintain data integrity Utilizes tracking system to report benefits issues and provide updates regarding resolution.
- Assists with the various projects and assignments in order that the department meets their annual goals. Assists with the verification of all the necessary forms for the New House Staff members. Assists with front desk coverage (i.e. resolving telephone inquiries and assisting with walk-ins) on a rotational basis. Partakes in eligibility clean-ups necessary for billing purposes. Assists with form completions included but not limited to FSA enrollments, Tuition Remission/Reimbursement/Vouchers applications, and 403(b) forms.
- Maintains all files in an organized manner to ensure all records are kept in a confidential area. Maintains files for each employee in an organized, up-to-date and readily accessible manner. Maintains all current benefit information, procedures and correspondence in an organized manner. Assists in the maintenance and organization of file/supply room.
- Ensures a complete understanding of details associated with each benefit plan. Answers the telephone and inquiries in a pleasant and courteous manner; promptly identifies. The department when answering the phone. Answers routine benefit inquiries accurately and refers non-routine inquiries to the appropriate Senior Benefits Specialist or Manager. Takes messages thoroughly and accurately, transferring calls to other departments, making an effort be effort to be sure of the correct destination. Maintains knowledge of basic regulatory guidelines, reads benefits materials distributed on a regular basis and asks questions. Demonstrates skill in benefit knowledge by responding to questions and resolving benefit related issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Two years of college plus one year benefits related experience in the area of Health, Welfare and Pension plans or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Good communication and interpersonal skills are necessary.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well.
We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.