The Office of Information Technology Services at the University of Tennessee at Martin has 2 openings for an IT Specialist III. The IT Specialist III position plans, organizes, assists and supports the University academic community in the conceptualization, design, and development of faculty instruction utilizing the latest instructional technology, design theories, teaching strategies and tools. This position reports directly to the Director of Web and Client Services.
* Leads in designing and developing instructional strategies and materials to promote active learning. Identifies, researches, disseminates new technologies as appropriate, with demonstrated ability to assess and envision how these methods can be applied to course development efforts.
* Develop custom learning programs and activities for faculty, including highly interactive web-based training, instructor-led training, and both electronic and paper-based performance support tools.
* Establish learning objectives and create knowledge check or assessment questions that contribute to mastery of learning objectives. Develops assessment measures to evaluate the instructional effectiveness of various design approaches.
* Review training materials and deliverables for content accuracy and effectiveness.
* Consult with faculty clients and subject matter experts to understand their needs, determine optimal learning, and development strategies for their target audience.
* Adapt instructional materials created for one format to another, such as converting classroom based course to an online format