Adjunct Lecturer in Modern Dance
Santa Clara University
Department, Program, Center: Theatre and Dance
Specialty or Subdiscipline:
College or School: College of Arts and Sciences
The Department of Theatre and Dance at Santa Clara University, a Jesuit Catholic University in Silicon Valley, seeks applicants for the position of Quarterly Adjunct Lecturer (part-time) in Modern Dance to teach one course at the Beginning level - Modern Dance I in Spring 2017 (.5 course load). Class meets MWF from 10:30 - 11:35 am.
MFA in Dance preferred. Two years of experience teaching at the university level or commensurate professional experience. Commitment to teaching theatre and dance within a liberal arts context.
Duties include but are not limited to:
1. Teach one courses in Modern Dance technique. Class meets MWF from 10:30 11:35 am.
2. Conduct all assigned class meetings and exams,
3. Hold weekly office hours on campus.
4. Assign grades and submit to the Registrar by the designated deadline.
5. Administer narrative and numeric course evaluations to all students.
6. Fulfill other instructional or academic duties, such as attending faculty meetings or department special events, as may be assigned by the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences or the Chair of the department.DANC 46 Modern Dance I. Introductory course in modern dance with no previous training required. Introduces the expressive potential of dance through modern dance technique. Emphasis on flexibility, strength, and alignment practiced through standing and floor exercises. Movement improvisation explores qualities of motion.
Santa Clara University does not sponsor any visa applications for this position. The successful candidate must be able to provide evidence of identity and legal authorization to work in the United States.
Close Date: 2/24/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Application Procedure: 1. A letter of interest specifying qualifications, teaching experience and a brief statement of teaching philosophy. 2. Curriculum vitae. 3. Names and contact information for outside teaching references (both email and phone numbers.)
For further information, contact Department Chair Associate Prof. David Popalisky at email@example.com.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to https://jobs.scu.edu
About Santa Clara University
Santa Clara University is a comprehensive Jesuit, Catholic university located in Californias Silicon Valley, offering its 8,800 students rigorous undergraduate curricula in arts and sciences, business, and engineering, plus masters, Ph.D., and law degrees.
Distinguished by the highest retention rate and ranked second among all masters universities in the West by U.S. News and World Report, Santa Clara University is Californias oldest operating institution of higher-education. The University is focused on creating an academic community that educates citizens and leaders who will build a more just, humane, and sustainable world.
Santa Clara University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, committed to excellence through diversity and inclusion, and, in this spirit, particularly welcomes applications from women, persons of color, and members of historically underrepresented groups. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability.
Santa Clara University annually collects information about campus crimes and other reportable incidents in accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. To view the Santa Clara University report, please go to the Campus Safety Services website at http://www.scu.edu/cs/. To request a paper copy please call Campus Safety at (408) 554-4441. The report includes the type of crime, venue, and number of occurrences.
Copyright 2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency