| Unit Description|
Care Site Description
St. James Healthcare is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health â?? and hope â?? to our patients.
Services & Expertise:
- Butte, Mont. (estab. 1881)
- The only full-service acute care facility in Butte and largest hospital serving a seven-county area
- 567 associates, 65 medical staff
- 98 beds (56 are staffed)
- 24/7 Emergency Medical Services
- Cardiac Services
- Inpatient & Outpatient Surgery
- Oncology Services
- Orthopedic Center of Excellence
- Womenâ??s & Children Services
- St. James Medical Group
St. James Healthcare provides quality care close to home for the communities that we serve, especially the poor and vulnerable.
A Limited X-ray Machine Operator (LMXO) performs radiographic procedures according to Montana State Licensure guidelines to obtain desired radiographic results according to provider specifications. The LXMO position transfers patients for examinations, uses ionizing radiation for radiographic diagnosis, and assists with the x-ray examination process, under the direction of a Licensed Radiologic Technologist and/or Radiologist. The LXMO is only allowed to work when a Registered Radiologic Technologist is on duty and present in the same facility and performs the following duties:
1. Ability to appropriately access, manage and accurately update patient medical records through Hospital Electronic Medical Record Information Systems.
2. Maintains patient confidentiality as outlined by privacy and HIPAA guidelines.
3. Practices according to the ARRT Standards of Ethics
4. Educates, interviews, screens and explains imaging and safety procedures to patients regarding the biological effects of radiation and/or magnetic field protection and safety prior to beginning any imaging procedure to reduce anxiety and obtain patient cooperation.
5. Positions patient on imaging table and utilizes immobilization devices as warranted for safety or to obtain optimum views of specified areas of the body as requested by a Physician and following protocols developed by a Radiologist.
6. Administers contrast media orally or in intravenous administration according to Radiologist and/or Pharmacy guidelines
7. Monitors patient during procedures either through direct contact, by the use of two-way voice communication or through control room window and/or closed circuit TV screen.
8. Practices universal safety precautions, radiation protection techniques and magnetic field education to minimize exposure to patient, self and staff.
9. Performs x-ray examinations in accordance with the Limited Permit issued by the State of Montana
â?¢ Chest area
â?¢ GI (gastrointestinal tract)
10. Participates in and ensures continuing education activities as supported and value-added to the current position are continually completed to maintain competency and quality of patient care.
11. Complete position specific competencies annually.
12. Promotes mission, vision and values of SCL Health and abides by service behavior standards.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
14. May be required to float to other departments (within scope of competency and qualifications) based on business need.
15. May be required to be placed on-call during a regularly scheduled shift.
The list below is considered to be essential functions of your position and all associates within SCL Health are expected to meet the following in their day to day work:
â?¢ Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
â?¢ Be available to work overtime, if needed.
â?¢ Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
â?¢ Be respectful of all with whom you interact and follow the SCL Health Service Behaviors.
â?¢ Be well groomed and dressed appropriately for your role.
â?¢ Be in compliance with the drug and alcohol policies
â?¢ Be sufficiently rested to perform your duties throughout the period assigned.
â?¢ Demonstrate a willingness to learn.
â?¢ Be able to communicate clearly, think clearly and concentrate on assigned tasks.
â?¢ Follows all applicable hospital policies and procedures.
â?¢ Follows policies and procedures for infection control and facility safety in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
â?¢ Follows â??Patientsâ?? Rights Policyâ?? at all times.
â?¢ Demonstrates knowledge of information management as appropriate.
Requirements are representative of the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary to perform the essential functions of the position
â?¢ Enrolled with active participation in an accredited Radiologic Technology Program
â?¢ Current clinical rotation facility is St. James Healthcare
CERTIFICATION, REGISTRATION, LICENSE
â?¢ ARRT within 6 months of hire
â?¢ BLS upon hire
â?¢ Current Montana Limited Permit to perform radiographic examinations â?? an individual may work for only one term, of 6 months, with State limited permit