Located in central Denver’s historic Washington Park residential neighborhood, associates at Porter Adventist Hospital enjoy beautiful surroundings, leading technology, outstanding leadership and easy access to everything great central Denver has to offer. As a full-service Magnet® designated, 368-bed acute-care referral center specializing in cancer care, joint replacement, spinal care, advanced robotic surgery and organ transplantation, Porter Adventist Hospital treats some of the region’s most complex medical cases and surgery patients. Our Heart and Vascular Institute is the first and only program in Colorado to receive full Heart Failure Accreditation status from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care. We have also received numerous awards and honors including: The Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award (2014); top 50th orthopedic program ranking by U.S. News & World Report with high performing honors in eight specialties (2014); an “A” rating from the Leapfrog Group for Patient Safety (2014), as well as many others. The Porter tradition of blending science and spirit began more than 75 years ago by Denver businessman Henry Porter with his generous donation after he experienced care at a Seventh Day Adventist Facility in CA and sought to bring that same philosophy of care to Denver. If you are ready for a career where the work you do truly transcends the walls of a hospital, we invite you to learn more at: http://www.porterhospital.org/
Job Description/Job Posting ID: 95200
Recruiter Contact: Linda Davis (LindaDavis@Centura.org)
Clinic/Department: 6205 PAH GEN SURGICAL UNIT
Hospital: PORTER ADVENTIST HOSPITAL
Schedule: Full Time Days (midweek availability preferred)
Shift: 7:00 am to 7:00 pm
Performs direct and indirect patient care in collaboration with RN partner(s). Responsibilities may include: assisting the patient with daily living tasks (i.e. hygiene, feeding, toileting, VS etc..), data collection and reporting patient condition changes, physical and mental, to the RN, coordination of floor transfers and the safe and timely transport of patients, stocking of supplies, answering phones and call lights and safety awareness. May not delegate tasks or supervise other members of the health care team.
High School Diploma or GED
- Prefer one year in an acute care setting or two years in skilled nursing facility
- Current CO Certified Nursing Assistant license
- Basic Life Support
PATIENT CARE -
- Obtains and records vital signs, reporting any deviations from normal to RN.
- Prepare patients for meals by clearing tables, assisting patients with hand washing and oral care. Assists in passing and setting up patient's tray. Assists in feeding of patients as needed. Passes water, beverages to patients.
- Assists patients in ADLs as directed by RN including but not limited to bathing, showering, shampooing, catheter care, dressing and undressing.
- Makes patient's bed.
- Responds to patients call lights promptly and notifies appropriate personnel of patient's needs.
- Assists RN with ambulation of patients.
- Collects, measures and records intake (oral) and output (ng, foley drains, colostomy). Reports to RN.
- Assists with new admissions to include orientation to room and unit, obtain VS, ht/wt, and assist patient/family to complete appropriate paperwork.
- Collects specimens as directed by RN.
- Performs other tasks as directed by RN.
- Provides quality patient care, including comfort and hygiene measures, preventative skin care, safety measures, transport, and nutritional and elimination needs in collaboration with the RN partner
CARE OF ENVIRONMENT & EQUIPMENT
- Cleans specific areas of unit as needed (nurses station, kitchen area, conference room, utility rooms, showers, etc.).
- Cleans unit equipment (IV stands, wheelchairs, utility tables, cribs, etc.). Reports any need for maintenance.
- Sorts and distributes computer printouts.
- Maintains chart with appropriate chart forms.
- Runs errands as directed.
- Assists RN in keeping nurse server stocked as needed.
- Assists in maintaining all work areas with necessary items.
DOCUMENTATION & COMMUNICATION
- Thorough and confidential maintenance of patent charts and records.
- Documents vital signs, intake/outputs, glucose results in accurate, timely manner.
- Serves as a patient advocate.
- Anticipates needs of patient and family.
- Effectively uses time, personnel, equipment and supplies to provide high quality, cost effective delivery of patient care.
- Adapts to rapidly changing technologies, policies, regulations, census and staffing through priority setting and flexibility
Heavy Work - (Exert up to 100lbs force occasionally, and/or 50lbs frequently, and/or 20lbs constantly)
* This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned.
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.