The Children's Advocacy Center of North and Northwest Cook County, a not-for-profit organization based in Hoffman Estates, Illinois, seeks a full-time Therapist/Case Coordinator for the Safe From the Start Program. Safe From the Start is an innovative program serving young children, birth through age 5, who have been exposed to violence, and their non-offending parents and siblings.
The Therapist/Case Coordinator provides trauma-focused therapeutic services for children and families, including intake and assessment, play therapy, adult individual therapy, family therapy, group therapy, family support and education and case coordination. In addition, the Therapist/Case Coordinator takes an active role in violence prevention by providing education to parents and professionals in our community. Safe From the Start is based in Streamwood, Illinois.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
1. Screen and accept referrals to Safe From the Start; initiate intake process for appropriate cases or provide referrals to other providers when the case is not appropriate for the program.
2. Conduct assessments of children and families utilizing a structured assessment protocol; ensure that all tools are completed, scored and entered into the database according to the protocol guidelines.
3. Identify other professionals involved with the child and her/his family, and with the guardian's consent, contact those individuals to participate in a treatment team meeting.
4. Develop a service plan with the family, and provide regular therapeutic services for young children and their family members.
5. Maintain case and agency statistics.
6. Provide community education presentations for parents and professionals on topics related to children's exposure to violence.