Associate Director of Multicultural Affairs
Baylor University, located in Waco, Texas, invites applications for the full-time position of Associate Director of Multicultural Affairs. The Associate Director of Multicultural Affairs facilitates programs and activities that conform to the stated standards and overall mission of Baylor University and the program quality and goals of the department. This position specifically supports the University's mission by assisting the department in achieving its goal of enhancing the overall educational experience of students through the development of, exposure to, and participation in social, cultural, intellectual, recreational, and governance programs. The mission is to build a welcoming, accepting, and supportive environment across multiple dimensions of diversity through education, programs, and activities that promote inclusiveness, awareness and student success. The Associate Director of Multicultural Affairs will coordinate various support and advocacy programs to aid in the success of students from diverse populations and will provide departmental support and guidance on effective methods for retaining and providing cultural support to historically marginalized identities on campus.
The Associate Director of Multicultural Affairs will provide direct supervision for the Assistant Director of Multicultural Affairs, as well as oversight supervision for coordinators and graduate assistants.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Master's Degree (in College Student Affairs/Services, educational administration or related field preferred)
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work (5 years of relevant work preferred)
- Experience in student activities or previous involvement in student organizations
- Excellent communication skills and ability to advise student organizations
- Exceptional planning, evaluation, management, problem solving, and team building skills
The Baylor Experience
Working at Baylor is so much more than simply having a job! As part of the Baylor family, employees not only receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, generous time off, and fantastic automatic retirement contributions*, they also get to experience Baylor.
- Experience the culture of working for an institution consistently ranked as a “Great College to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Experience a mission driven organization based on a strong Christian commitment (baylor.edu/about)
- Experience Baylor academics with outstanding tuition remission for staff and qualified dependents*
- Experience our beautiful campus with access to libraries, museums, and recreational facilities such as our fitness center, athletic courts, an indoor swimming pool, and the Baylor marina to name a few
- Experience our great dining facilities and enjoy an employee discount
- Experience Baylor athletics with reduced admission or free access to athletic events
- Experience Baylor through many more wonderful events and programs that take place on campus each year
*For more details and eligibility requirements, please visit www.baylor.edu/hr
View the full position description: Associate Director of Multicultural Affairs. Please submit an on-line application at https://jobs.baylor.edu along with a cover letter and resume.
Baylor University is a private Christian university and a nationally ranked research institution, consistently listed with highest honors among The Chronicle of Higher Education's “Great Colleges to Work For.” Chartered in 1845 by the Republic of Texas through the efforts of Baptist pioneers, Baylor is the oldest continuously operating university in Texas. The university provides a vibrant campus community for over 16,000 students from all 50 states and more than 80 countries by blending interdisciplinary research with an international reputation for educational excellence and a faculty commitment to teaching and scholarship. Baylor is actively recruiting staff who support our mission as we pursue our bold vision, Pro Futuris.
Baylor University is a private not-for-profit university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, Baylor is committed to compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination laws, including those regarding age, race, color, sex, national origin, marital status, pregnancy status, military service, genetic information, and disability. As a religious educational institution, Baylor is lawfully permitted to consider an applicant's religion among its selection criteria. Baylor encourages women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply.