Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the Kansas City metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Business Administrator in our Radiation Oncology Department.
- Must be able to perform the professional and technical competencies of the department.
- Accept delegated areas of administration and hold the several areas under his/her jurisdiction responsible for efficient practices as defined by the Institutional, Regional and Local Leadership. These areas include, but are not limited to, medical reception, building and grounds, research and grants management, educational program and administrative support. Working with the Department Chair and Cancer Service Leadership to oversee matters pertaining to basic operational policies of the clinical care system; formulate and recommend new or revised operational policies and procedures and monitor those implemented.
- Analyze systems and procedures and recommend changes to improve work flow and efficiency. Maintain and compile statistics when necessary or upon request of the Department Chair and Cancer Service Leadership. Under the guidance of the Department Chair, develop Departmental quality and performance metrics and measurements to monitor the quality of progress towards fulfilling Department missions and goals. Is accountable for operational quality assurance, methods and systems.
- Responsible for all personnel functions within delegated functional unit area, including training, placement, supervision, termination, performance evaluation and position development; Responsible for establishing goals/objectives, and evaluating all personnel under his/her supervision;
- Evaluate supervisory and administrative workloads to ensure quality, equitable distribution and to determine whether reduction or addition of personnel in necessary;
- Assist the Departmental Chair in recruiting, hiring and onboarding Departmental faculty in support of Institutional and Departmental missions.
- Responsible for establishment and maintenance of annual budgets, planning and analytics necessary for all departments/divisions as dictated by the Health System and School of Medicine to fulfill their goals and objectives, including planning workload and need for personnel, space, equipment, and support services. This includes administrative management of Departmental endowment accounts.
- Oversee the development, business practices/systems and analytics related to all department financial records and reporting. Monitors department performance to ensure that budgetary objectives are attained.
- Oversees access services and revenue cycle management for the Department.
- Responsible for overseeing the upkeep and maintenance of building, grounds, facilities and equipment in a manner consistent with the highest standards of safety, sanitation, efficiency and appearance.
- In collaboration with the regional and local leadership, determines short-term and long-range plans for the Department. Is accountable for the development of systems that support and achieve the short-term and long range departmental plans and objectives. Undertake special projects and assignments, as directed by the Department Chair.; Mentors and oversees staff and stewards projects to scheduled completion.
- Assist Department Chair in the planning, and execution of academic educational, research conferences and program initiatives.
- Oversees compliance of the policies and procedures with health system/hospital/departmental standards, and regulatory and governmental agencies
- Assists with intradepartmental and leadership communications. Communicates pertinent information, statistics, and issues and plans so that there is an excellent understanding of the department's activities, issues and opportunities.
- Represents the department on various institutional standing and ad hoc committees and task forces
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the field thru active pursuit of continuing education pertinent to Radiation Oncology;
- Maintain strictest of confidentiality and highest level of professionalism; Maintains good rapport and cooperative relationships. Approaches conflict in a constructive manner. Helps to identify problems, offer solutions, and participate in their solution; demonstrates the professional behaviors of hospitality and caring, ownership and responsiveness, inclusiveness, commitment to excellence, and commitment to open communication. Assumes responsibility for performance of job duties in the safest possible manner, to assure personal safety and that of co-workers.