| Manager Talent Acquisition and Retention Revolutionizing Patient Care through Innovation at New York's Premier Healthcare System |
Mount Sinai Health System Careers Do You Have What it Takes to Wear the Badge?
Are you looking for a more strategic and consultative role in HR? Do you want to make a large impact in a very noticeable way? Does the idea of working on exciting projects and leading change inspire you? If so, then Mount Sinai Health System's innovative and ever-evolving Talent Acquisition group has an exciting opportunity for you!
Working with a first class HR team, the Manager of Talent Acquisition for the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, collaborates with the Director and leadership peers to develop and implement a best-in-class strategic framework that translates short and long-range strategic business plans and objectives into the effective talent / recruitment and retention strategies for the entire enterprise and ensures the selection of top tier talent across all service lines and roles. This individual serves as a key talent advisor to build competitive advantage through our people and through the use of technology and innovative solutions that enhance Mount Sinai's employer brand & improve the current talent selection process. Here's your opportunity to take initiative and think outside the box – and be rewarded for it!
What You'll Bring:
Minimum of five years of progressive relationship building and leadership experience in Talent Acquisition & Retention (Recruitment), preferably in an Academic Medical Setting / School of Medicine.
Demonstrated ability to build, lead, motivate, and manage a large Recruitment team
Bachelor's degree, Master's degree preferred.
Knowledge of Taleo and experience in implementing a rollout strongly preferred
Strong problem solving and presentation skills and ability to gather, analyze, and report performance data
Expertise in human resources and recruitment
Excellent interpersonal, communication, team building and decision-making skills
PHR/SPHR certification preferred.
What You'll Do:
The Manager of Talent Acquisition & Retention for the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai collaborates with the Director of Talent Acquisition and leadership peers to develop and implement a best-in-class strategic framework that translates short and long-range strategic business plans and objectives into the effective talent / recruitment and retention strategies for the entire enterprise and ensures the selection of top tier talent across all service lines and roles. This individual serves as a key talent advisor to build competitive advantage through our people and through the use of technology and innovative solutions that enhance Mount Sinai's employer brand & improve the current talent selection process.
• Create, organize, and implement strategies and supporting initiatives that will improve & transform the overall talent acquisition process and quality of hiring within Mount Sinai, resulting in benchmarking metrics that are comparable to that of Fortune 500 organizations.
• Educate senior management and other key stakeholders on recruiting trends, and recommending new approaches that allow Mount Sinai to cultivate a diverse pipeline of talent for current and future needs.
• Monitor external trends (in the tri-state, nationally & globally) that may impact access to talent and develop leading edge capabilities to attract and retain the best talent.
• Assist with design, development, communication and implementation of an integrated talent strategy (Internal and External).
• Design and implement external candidate marketing and proactive recruiting programs and processes that attract, select and retain a qualified, diverse workforce. Utilize technology and social networking tools as well as traditional sourcing techniques. Evaluate job postings, interviews and other internal/external talent recruitment and placement processes.
• Develop hiring strategies and outreach programs that will enable critical roles and identify key hiring sources that will result in a sustainable talent pipeline.
• Build, lead and guide Talent Acquisition/Sourcing team to develop and manage a network/database of key competition and talent utilizing and leveraging innovative techniques
• Partner with functional business leaders and other HR counter to support the development and maintenance of an organizational design structure that supports the business strategy through talent acquisition & retention
Innovation / Employment Brand
• Lead the creation and execution of employment branding and marketing strategies that include identification of function and industry specific talent markets, in?depth market research, optimization of marketing channels, and ongoing development of Mount Sinai's internal and external employment brand.
• In partnership with the Director of Cultural Engagement - serve as an employer brand guardian and ambassador, evangelizing Mount Sinai's employment message and ensuring its consistent execution and delivery
• Create broad?based awareness of Mount Sinai as an employer in key geo-targeted locations (based on cost of labor / labor supply & demand) where we need to have consistent employment brand awareness, particularly when it cuts across multiple audiences.
• Develop and implement recruiting marketing/communications media (print and digital) plan that communicates the Employee Value Proposition internally/externally (entry level and experienced) – through following channels: social media, web 2.0/3.0, professional organizations, alumni associations, universities and others
• Identifying new opportunities for innovative recruitment marketing programs and building the business case to implement them.
• Develop innovative ways to use media (video, interactivity, social media, advertising and merchandise) and employ them through effective planning and execution.
• Oversee and manage candidate relationship/experience through the use of appropriate data platforms and consistent and persuasive communication
• Lead relationship with employment advertising agency and various external vendors, while maintaining and executing the advertising / talent acquisition strategy budget.
• Partner with Marketing to create a strong employment brand and candidate?facing recruiting tools, establishing parameters in which local recruiting teams can customize the employment brand to target specific audiences and locations.
• Partner with business and HR leaders to translate business strategies into human capital needs and overall strategic workforce plans, assessing future skill requirements for Mount Sinai and develop appropriate talent strategies.
• Serve as a trusted advisor to organizational leaders and ensure resources are allocated to support the most critical business initiatives related to Workforce Planning, Workforce Strategy, and Talent Acquisition and Retention (TA&R).
• Implement strategies that increase access to talent market share, increased candidate relationships that result in improved hiring activity (faster cycle times, improved quantity and quality of hires).
• Develop and implement competitive external and internal strategic programs that strengthen Mount Sinai's ability to attract, assess, select and integrate an optimal blend of skills across all types of labor (ie. exempt, non-exempt, contingent, sub, etc) and deliver the desired results for top talent & high quality hire.
Business Intelligence & Workforce Planning Analysis
• Demonstrate business acumen by providing key employment metrics that link to business success measures. Proven ability to measure the value of TA&R to the business and to execute actions to improve; cost per hire, hiring cycle time, quality of hire, retention, revenue contribution for direct positions, affordability cost reductions, competitive hiring measures, measures of success regarding New Employee Onboarding by leaders and hires, 3/6 month engagement measure of new hires, and performance linkage to hiring criteria.
• Analyze / Maximize the ROI of existing programs or proposed new programs including campaign management and building of talent communities, while growing Mount Sinai's employment brand in the marketplace
• Analyze data to assess recruitment strategy ROI using recruitment marketing/advertising platforms and metrics. Identifies trends, rates and assesses recruiting sources and recommends improvements to strategic and tactical plans
• Responsible for collection, analysis, and reporting of measurement data (cost per hire, time to fill, applicant flow data, attrition, etc.) for process improvement and performance management.
• Effectively manage the productivity and efficiency of the hiring process against plan through ratio metrics of sourcer / recruiter /onboarding required to complete the process.
• Understand the true cost of hire with an eye to affordability and educate Mount Sinai leadership on appropriate investment of budget and resources.
• Ensure legal compliance in regard to all talent acquisition initiatives and related programs. Support the submission of required government reporting, such as EEO reporting and Affirmative Action planning, and all documentation related to OFCCP compliance. Maintain current knowledge of legal, regulatory and compliance requirements and legislation.
• Consult on appropriate use of selection methodologies, tools, and retention of documentation.
• Develop appropriate diversity staffing strategies and transitioning military strategies in support of our EEO objectives for Mount Sinai.
Who We Are:
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West, Mount Sinai St. Luke's, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.