Since 1955, millions of investors in the United States and around the globe have relied on Federated Investors, Inc. (NYSE: FII) for world-class investment management. Federated has grown to become one of the nation's largest investment managers with $364 billion in assets under management.
Federated has honed its disciplined investment process over a half-century to deliver style-consistent investment products, including 123 domestic and international equity, fixed-income and money market funds, as well as a variety of separately managed accounts. Federated's diversified product line is distributed through more than 8,400 financial intermediaries and institutions who assist investors in meeting their unique objectives. For additional information about Federated Investors visit FederatedInvestors.com.
CAREER OPPORTUNITY #: 7128
POSITION TITLE: BUSINESS DATA ANALYST
DEPARTMENT: CLIENT DATA AND ADMINISTRATION
- Bachelor degree required; Bachelor degree in Accounting, Business, Mathematics or Computer Science preferred
- Minimum 3 years of business experience required; Experience in the mutual fund or financial services industry preferred
- Familiar with business analysis or business process improvement methodologies required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Access and advanced Excel skills required
- Experience with data query tool (TOAD, SQL Developer, or SQL Plus) required
- Experience with Microsoft Project and Visio preferred
- Experience managing data in an enterprise sales reporting and/or CRM application preferred
- Analyze and evaluate client, sales, asset, territory and advisor data in the MARS and TotalClient Enterprise databases; identify patterns, synthesize findings, derive conclusions and design and implement solutions that will improve overall data quality and increase internal client satisfaction
- Develop and execute queries against the MARS and TotalClient Enterprise databases in response to data quality issues escalated by our internal clients; perform complex data analysis to identify root cause and recommend remedial actions to correct the existing data quality issues and avoid perpetuating the issues by introducing changes to business and/or data processes
- Collaborate with management and internal clients to establish and implement data standards to increase the usefulness, timeliness and accuracy of the data; implement automated processes to monitor and ensure the adherence to such data standards
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal business partners, including Decision Support, Risk Management, Intermediary Compensation, Investor Services, External and Internal Sales, Sales Administration and Marketing to understand their business goals and objectives; identify data opportunities to assist them in achieving their business objectives
- Participate in the evaluation, development and implementation of new Advisor data interfaces and/or data augmentation to the MARS and TotalClient Enterprise databases
- Participate in evaluation, development and implementation of new client data interfaces to the MARS database
- Provide technical and analytical support to business initiatives such as sales territory realignments, new client data files, data management initiatives and major system upgrades; extract and analyze data to aid in the development of the approach and creation of the plan to execute such initiatives
- Participate in all phases of the project life cycle; define and document business requirements, create detailed work plans and lead the execution of project-related tasks on behalf of CDFA
- Create and execute test plans; monitor and escalate issues to project manager, stakeholders and sponsors; ensure issues are appropriately vetted with internal resources and vendor partners and effectively remediated to satisfy the business requirement
- Provide technical guidance and consultative services to our internal clients regarding questions and issues related to MARS and TotalClient Enterprise data
- Document procedures and create job aids where applicable; review procedures periodically and make requisite changes as appropriate
- Perform ad hoc data analysis and reporting as needed
- 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (overtime as required)
- Warrendale location – Warrendale, PA 15086
- Strong decision-making, problem solving and analytical skills with particular attention given to detail and accuracy.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management skills with ability to handle multiple projects/priorities simultaneously
- Strong problem solving and conceptual thinking ability
- Flexibility to work independently and as a member of a team
Federated Investors, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits package along with a professional environment.