Carolinas HealthCare System's Neurosciences Institute - Neurology is currently recruiting Clinical Neurophysiology/Epilepsy fellowship trained physicians to join our Carolinas Epilepsy Center at Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte, NC. Our practice serves adult patients, staffs our outpatient epilepsy clinic and EMU. Our Carolinas Epilepsy Network is a comprehensive, regionally unified epilepsy program that provides state-of-the-art diagnosis, treatment and care to epileptic patients.
Our program offers:
- Comprehensive Level IV Epilepsy Center, partnering with the largest neurosurgery group in the country
- Large and growing patient base from all over the region including referrals from adjacent states
- Engaged physician leadership and support by healthcare system administration
We have achieved national distinction from several highly respected epilepsy accreditation organizations including:
- The Joint Commission Disease-Specific Care Certification in Inpatient Epilepsy
- National Association of Epilepsy Centers (NAEC)
- American Board of Registered Evoked Potential and Electroencephalographic Technologists (ABRET) EEG Lab Accreditation
Our diagnostic and imaging services include:
- State-of-the-art epilepsy monitoring units at Carolinas Medical Center (CMC) and Carolinas HealthCare System NorthEast (CHS NE) allowing 24-hour continuous seizure monitoring
- Brain mapping, including speech and sensorimotor mapping
- EEG, MRI (including functional MRI capabilities), PET and SPECT scans
- WADA testing
- Sphenoidal electrode recording
- Intracranial recording with subdural and depth electrodes
- Neuropsychologic testing from dedicated pediatric and adult providers
- Use of seizure tracking and trending software (Persyst) and use of advanced seizure-focus localization software (CURRY)
Our team offers treatment options ranging from traditional and surgical procedures to a myriad of alternative treatments.
Carolinas HealthCare System (CHS), one of the nation’s leading and most innovative healthcare organizations, provides a full spectrum of healthcare and wellness programs throughout North and South Carolina. Carolinas HealthCare System’s Neurosciences Institute – Neurology (NIN) leads both North and South Carolina in advanced neurological care with treatment, research, rehabilitation and specialty programs and is able to provide a level of expertise unmatched in the region. Although NIN is the largest Neurology group in the region, we still strive to be community based, allowing patients to stay in their local area with the same access to quality care, delivered through a combination of bedside care and our Tele-Stroke and Tele-Neurology programs.
Charlotte, NC is the largest and most accessible city between Washington, DC and Dallas, TX. It’s mid-Atlantic location makes getting in and out of Charlotte easy from anywhere in the world. The Charlotte area features world-class entertainment, eclectic culinary experiences, abundant arts, musical and cultural opportunities. Professional sports include the NFL Carolina Panthers, NBA Charlotte Hornets, NASCAR, Carolina Knights baseball, Charlotte Checkers hockey, and world-class training facilities at the US National Whitewater Center, PGA Golf and other unlimited year round recreational opportunities. Excellent public and private schools and 34 colleges and universities throughout the region. Easy access to the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains and some of the nation’s most popular beaches.
Please submit your CV and Cover Letter for consideration and additional information to
Mary Lu Leatherman, Physician Recruiter