The Public Safety Supervisor is responsible for the management of physical building situated within thr convention center and the grounds surrounding the convention center. This position is responsible for the daily management of all public safety of all public safety officers, enforcement of all policies, procedures and convention center rules and regulations. This position is designed to be pro-active and preventive in scope for threat identification and risk mitigation.
Main Areas of Responsibilities:
* Provides exceptional levels of client and/or guest hospitality at all times and understands he/she represents the Center in how he/she conducts him/herself.
* Assignment of all public safety officers to post with proper instructions.
* Daily roll call to stress any event ot security concerns.
* Responsible for all building or grounds entry points such as roadways, perimeter doors, gates, etc.
* Conducts a physical inspection of all perimeter doors to ensure all are working properly and that all doors can be locked and secured twice per shift.
* Reports any broken or unsecured perimeter doors to operations noting emergency repair required.
* Perform daily guard tour of the convention center per the instructions of management.
* Responsible for the post assignment and security briefing of all NYPD Paid Detail officers.
* Responsible for the continued post placement of public safety officers.
* Coordinates all scheduled officer breaks and ensures proper relief coverage of all post assignments.
* Performs all incident reports and collects all required investigative documentation including, but not limited to, statements, photographs, video clips, documentation and all other findings.
* Responsible for all required door access as requested by other staff.
* Responsible for ensuring all building policies and procedures are followed by all employees, contractors, vendors, and visitors.
* Hold public safety officers accountable for ensuring all security and building procedures are followed.
* Reports any unusual behavior and acts in a manner designed to mitigate risk, damage, and/or injury.
* Identifies potential theft or security hazards located within the exhibit halls and reports such to show security and JKJCC security management.
* Ensures the proper staffing and post assignments are strategically placed during all shift hours to meet the ever changing needs of the JKJCC and/or exhibitors. Responds to all alarms and/or incidents. Monitor the flow of traffic inside the inner-roadway and direct as needed.
* Direct traffic to avoid injury to person(s) inside the inner-roadway or 39th Street marshaling area.
* Direct security staff to secure entry/exit ways with barricades per instruction from management.
* Enforce time limits of hand carry vehicles loading or unloading inside the inner-roadway or 39th Street marshaling area.
* Direct security staff to admit buses, cars and other vehicles in accordance with instructions and regulations.