| At Boston Children's Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It's in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Boston Children's Hospital Waltham Operations Department and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.|
The Licensed Electrician will be responsible for:
To qualify, you must have:
- Responding to routine and emergency service requests via online work order, radio dispatch or as assigned by Group Leader/Supervisor.
- Repairing electrical system(s) elements, appliances and equipment including emergency generators, switchgear, intercoms, fire alarms and security access devices.
- Disassembling, examining and/or utilizing specialized testing instruments in order to isolate defects/malfunctions.
- Removing, repairing and replacing standard electrical parts/fixtures/equipment, such as wiring, switches, sockets and fuses in accordance with specifications and code requirements.
- Performing periodic preventive maintenance and inspects new electrical systems and equipment in accordance with established schedules and procedures.
- Testing and examining systems and equipment to assess functional status and conformance with hospital, code and regulatory standards. Completing repairs as needed to maintain and restore proper working condition and compliance with standards.
- Communicating with other engineering department personnel to plan and coordinate work assignments, describe and refer problems outside scope of authority. Communicates with customer departments to clarify job specifications and minimize any disruption of department services/operations.
- Completing, filing and routing a variety of logs and records required to document work performed and ensure compliance with hospital and regulatory requirements.
- Cleaning and maintaining tools and equipment in working condition, reporting items in need of repair or replacement to Group Leader/Supervisor
- Contributing to teamwork
***This is a full time (40hrs) per week 1st shift position (7 a.m. - 3 p.m.). The schedule is Monday Sunday (2 days on the weekends and 3 days during the week). *** This position is located in Boston Children's Hospital - Waltham.
- A high school Diploma and up to 1 year of basic technical training and 1 to 2 years' experience.
- 3 to 4 years of facilities experience preferred.
- Prior knowledge of building codes, mechanical, electrical, plumbing and HVAC systems.
- Work requires the analytical skills to resolve problems that require the use of basic scientific, mathematical, or technical principles.
- Work requires the ability to exchange information on factual matters, schedule appointments, greet visitors, explain hospital policies, and relay messages to appropriate personnel.
- Courtesy and tact when dealing with patients, visitors and/or hospital employees.
- Certification, Registration, or Licensure required by the Job
- Massachusetts Electrician Licensure is required
- Hospital Experience preferred
Boston Children's Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Department: Facilities Management-Engineering
Standard Hours Per Week: 40