Residential Life and Housing Office Coordinator University of California, Santa Cruz
College Nine and College Ten JOB #: 1706988
FULL TIME; CAREER Minimum Starting Salary: $20.62/hourly.
UCSC strives to embrace diversity in all its forms; it strives to be an inclusive community that fosters an open, enlightened & productive environment.
Colleges, Housing and Educational Services (CHES) is a multi-funded organization within the Business and Administrative Services (BAS) division at the University of California (UC) Santa Cruz. CHES provides leadership in the areas of college student life and residential services, housing services, facilities, employee housing and capital planning, dining services, conference services, early education services, the Baytree Bookstore, ID card services, and business and financial analysis for these areas. Through these units, educational and developmental programs and services are offered to all members of the campus community including students, faculty, staff, children and external constituents. CHES provides on-campus housing and dining services to nearly 8,000 undergraduate and graduate students in ten residential colleges and six multi-college affiliated residential communities which support single students and students with families.
Under the supervision of the Associate College Administrative Officer (ACAO) for Residential Life, the Residential Life & Housing Office Coordinator manages the day-to-day office operations for two colleges. The Office Coordinator provides front-line customer service, office management, key and access management, and administrative assistance.
- Substantial experience working in a customer-service focused environment with an emphasis on effectiveness, professionalism, tact and integrity
- Political acumen and diplomatic skills sufficient to work with ethnically and culturally diverse populations in a number of capacities with professionalism and sensitivity and to maintain cooperative working relationships with the public and the university community
- Excellent organizational and time management skills sufficient to work independently and set priorities in a complex work environment with shifting priorities, frequent interruptions and distractions
- Strong listening, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills with the ability to comprehend and respond in a flexible and professional manner under difficult circumstances
- Problem solving skills sufficient to research, analyze, and assimilate information to come to appropriate conclusions, and consistently incorporate sound judgment and decision-making skills to offer appropriate options and resolutions
Position is open until filled; Initial Review Date: 02-20-2017
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit they must be submitted electronically via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site (https://jobs.ucsc.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=69618 ) on or before the initial review date. Computers are available at the UCSC Staff Human Resources office located at 1201 Shaffer Road, Santa Cruz. For further information or to request disability accommodation call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service 800-735-2922. The University of California, Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright 2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.