| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Collaborates directly with the Vice Chairman, Administrator of the Department of Medicine, Manager of the Clinical Trials Office Director of Protocol Operations and other DoM Program Managers to provide leadership in developing and improving the conduct of all research in the assigned Department of Medicine Clinical Trial Office (Division of General Medicine,). Assists with implementation of Department Chairman’s research vision and goals. Provides oversight and management of the day-to-day operations of the assigned clinical trials office. Responsible for ensuring the highest data quality, operations and staff management, quality assurance, regulatory compliance, data management, and strategic planning. Works with Director of Protocol Operations, Department Administrator and leads management and staff to ensure appropriate funding and budgeting related to all aspects of clinical research. Collaborate and integrate with the Office of Clinical Research (OCR) Clinical Research Administration in institutional efforts to improve the quality of clinical research at MSKCC in assigned CTO.
- Research Program Planning and Development
- Staff Management
- Operational Management and Staff Development
- Reporting, Quality Control & Continuous Process Improvements
- Financial Management
- Human Participant Protection and Regulatory Compliance
- Special Projects
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 7 years of clinical research and/or related experience required.
- Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- This position requires the ability to apply broad technical, clinical/professional knowledge and significant job-related experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Communication Skills: The ability to independently develop education materials for staff, department, clinicians, prepare manuscripts, evaluations, and reports and oral communication skills to present complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Information Management Skills: The ability to communicate, explain, interpret, share and present information to employees, management and clinical staff and patients at MSKCC as well as appropriate external contacts.
- Analytical Skills: The ability to perform basic math calculations and as well as a knowledge of statistics and budgeting, budget development and management.
- Administrative Skills: The ability to plan and organize meetings, to develop programs, to manage research projects and to prioritize work across several services/departments is essential.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft applications at a senior level.
- Federal Regulations: Must have a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the regulations pertaining to human subject protection (including 21 CFR and 45 CFR 46 of the United States Code of Federal Regulations) and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.