| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
At Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK), we recognize and champion the role of the Clinical Nurse Specialist and the value it adds to our organization in meeting the specialized needs of our patients with cancer. Our highly skilled nursing team at MSK includes of over 40 Clinical Nurse Specialists.
Our CNS’s are dedicated to ensuring quality and excellence in the art and science of professional nursing practice. This is consistent with our mission to provide compassionate, evidence-based nursing care to patients and families living with cancer in a healing and innovative environment.
The CNS at MSK will have the opportunity to:
* Utilize the tenets of primary nursing: knowledge, accountability, and continuity to foster a culture and structure supportive of caring and therapeutic relationships between nurses and patients and families
* Inspire a culture of excellence and accountability by setting clear goals, expectations and benchmarks for performance
* Contribute to the design, development and implementation of strategic and operational initiatives.
* Lead and support staff during periods of transition; communicate purpose and empower staff to embrace change.
* Demonstrate understanding and ensure the specific needs and care requirements of patient population are met.
We currently have Opportunities at in Chemotherapy, Geriatrics, Breast Services, Pediatrics and inpatient (nights)
Shifts: Four 10-hour shifts
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.