Under the general supervision of the department manager, the Administrative Coordinator responsibilities include providing administrative support to the EEB department faculty, post docs, graduate students and some staff. Assisting the financial/grants coordinator on pre/post awards; assisting assigned faculty with grant proposals using the Brown grant management tool and sponsor submission tools; ensuring compliance with award terms and conditions and expenditure review. Provides a high level of support to the Department Chair and Manager.
- Associates Degree with 2-4 years administrative support experience (preferably in an academic environment) or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, FileMaker Pro, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Photoshop, web based tools, Gmail
- Strong office skills including writing, correspondences, protocols and filing skills
- Strong accounting/budget/financial skills, specifically with accounts payable, accounts receivable, analysis, reporting, reconciling and journal entries
- Strong organizational, administrative and time management skills
- Goal focused with ability to meet deadlines and prioritize multiple task
- Experience with federal and non-federal Pre and Post award research administration preferred.
- An understanding of Interfolio is helpful
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
Criminal Background and Education Check Required
Recruiting Start Date:2017-01-25-08:00
Job Posting Title:Administrative Coordinator
Time Type:Part time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:30
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.