The Division of Facilities and Services at West Virginia University is seeking applications for a Senior Operations Support Coordinator position. This position will provide for and manage high level operational support for several units within Facilities and Services, including Facilities Management, Environmental Health and Safety, and Planning, Design, Construction and Scheduling.
As part of this support, the Senior Operations Support Coordinator will oversee several projects and initiatives vital for future cost savings, efficiency improvements, policy changes, and departmental strategies.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Learn and oversee management systems and operational dashboards for the Facilities Management and Environmental Health and Safety departments.
- Assist with the development and implementation of a new work order system.
- Develop and oversee the new "Student Experience Initiative" program for the Facilities Management department that allows WVU students to gain experience, education and performance enhancement opportunities. This new program will involve travel in a state vehicle to and from our various buildings.
- Assist with human resource needs including review of employee time keeping and handling communication activities.
- Assisting other groups with newly identified Operations Support needs as requested.
Work Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:15 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
Pay Grade: 17
- Bachelor's degree and three (3) years of experience; master's degree preferred
- At least one (1) year of experience in the following:
- Managing and working in a fast-paced, complex office environment
- Use of current system management technology (SharePoint, Excel, Access)
- Experience in process management, project and/or program management, including budget control/monitoring
- Experience with supervising and working with personnel of broad technical backgrounds
- Experience with construction project administration and learning management systems preferred
- Ability to work independently, with a minimum of direction and under broad guidelines
- Ability to apply solid judgment, discretion and initiative in performing a variety of complex administrative tasks
- Background check
- Valid driver's license
At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer at http://hr.wvu.edu/.
West Virginia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff and students, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
Job Posting: Feb 13, 2017
Posting Classification: Classified
Exemption Status: Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes