| Commodities and Financial Markets (CFM) provides clients with risk and capital solutions across physical and financial markets, providing financing, financial hedging, physical execution and access to market pricing for clients exposed to commodities and financial markets. The Group's global reach includes 24-hour coverage of energy; metals, mining and agriculture; fixed income and currencies; credit; and futures markets. |
CFM's regional Chief Operations Officer (COO) team is a global group of executives providing operational, commercial and strategic support to CFM businesses and locations as well as taking on specific responsibilities mandated by CFM senior management and Macquarie centrally.
Based in Sydney you will be working with the Regional COO, local businesses, risk and support areas on a range of project initiatives and have ongoing responsibilities that impact CFM in Australia, Asia and globally. This includes cost management initiatives, business improvement programs, discharging regulatory and compliance requirements and operational responsibilities. The role will require you to liaise with a wide range of stakeholders of varying seniority both in business and support areas.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- taking ownership of key operational and business management responsibilities of the regional COO team e.g. Business Resilience, Client money, Client Relationship (e.g. on-boarding/refresh), Regulatory change;
- working with CFM businesses, and support areas, such as Finance, Operations, Technology and Risk Management to provide analytical support to cost management and other initiatives at a business group level;
- preparing presentation and other management information for various Bank wide and CFM governance forums.
- assisting CFM businesses and CFM Central with new business/product initiatives. This includes preparing necessary documentation and facilitating internal stakeholder approvals for new business/product initiatives, developing operational processes and working with other areas to implement business set up;
- supporting operational process improvement initiatives through critical evaluation of business processes to identify and implement opportunities for enhancement;
To be considered you will:
- submit a covering letter and concise resume as one document. This can be done easily by simply inserting an additional page in the front or back of your resume
- have strong problem solving / analytical skills
- pay strong attention to detail, be accurate and methodical and organised
- possess a stable yet progressive work history to date with approximately 3 years' experience working in Banking, Financial Services, Audit, Risk/Advisory
- be highly motivated with a willingness to learn a broad range of products, processes and systems and then to apply them across various scenarios
- have a combination of quantitative/analytical skills as well as be strategic and creative in thinking through problems and issues; able to embrace change and meet challenges whilst remaining positive and focussed
- hold appropriate tertiary qualifications in accounting, business, engineering or related discipline; a high level of proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point is essential
- enjoy working in progressive and fast-paced environments where your assertiveness, initiative, leadership and strong work ethic can be drawn upon
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Advertised: 13 Feb 2017 AUS Eastern Daylight Time