| JOB SUMMARY: The Security Specialist, assigned to a specific client location, will ensure the security and safety of the facility, property, and personnel. The Specialist is responsible for the related training, procedures/policies, equipment, and reporting.|
The Essential Functions Include:
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
Minimum Hiring Standards:
- Represent Pinkerton’s core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Provide subject matter expertise to internal physical security clients and external clients across company, as needed.
- Provide advice and counsel on complex physical security, internal fraud investigations, prevention, life safety risk, fire safety, crisis management, and emergency response issues.
- Responsible for recruiting members of the team as well as on-the-job coaching, supervision, and evaluation;
- Assist with security staff development plans by identifying current needs as well as future career objectives.
- Create partnerships with other site Physical Security Specialists and external clients regarding security and safety-related aspects.
- Build and maintain relationships with other teams in the area of Operations.
- Develop a network of industry experts, drawing on the experience of others to learn more about the prevalent security trends challenges.
- Collect metrics from varying sources and create reports, as needed.
- Ensure work performed meets or exceeds established timelines and quality standards;
- Establish review processes to ensure adherence.
- Conduct periodic site risk assessments, security audits, and fire safety drills.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company’s pre-employment screening process, which may include drug testing and background investigation.
- Must meet the country’s age requirements.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in India.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Graduate with ten to fifteen years of experience in security management, investigations, and/or security risk consulting.
Competencies (As Demonstrated Through Experience, Training, and/or Testing):
Working Conditions (Physical/Mental Demands):
- Demonstrated skill and record of achievement in business-to-business operational activities.
- Security equipment experience including; CCTV, access control, barriers, intruder/fire alarms, firefighting equipment, GPS monitoring, DFMD, HHMD, and control panels.
- Knowledge of service industry cost and profitability drivers.
- Strong customer service and delivery orientation.
- Able to create and present a strong value proposition.
- Excellent planning and organization skills.
- Self-starter and results driven.
- Serve as an effective team member and leader.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office, computer network architecture, data transmission, and bandwidth.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel, as required.