| JOB SUMMARY: The Site Security Associate will manage all aspects and phases of physical security systems for the assigned client. The Associate serves as a subject matter expert in regards to video surveillance, physical access control, intrusion prevention, and other physical security technology applications. |
The position provides security systems training to management personnel and consults with the client, vendors, and colleagues on design issues.
The Essential Functions Include:
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
Minimum Hiring Standards:
- Represent Pinkerton’s core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Promote the use of security systems technology applications.
- Deliver high quality customer service through regular contact with the client, client vendors, and associated business partners.
- Evaluate service quality and initiates corrective action as necessary.
- Identify and manage relationships with subcontract suppliers within assigned territory to successfully deliver solutions.
- Partner with the client, training manager, and account manager to analyze operational functioning to continuously improve performance and cost.
- Develop and administer technical solutions budget in collaboration with the client.
- Maintain a positive, professional environment in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ensure that staff members understand and comply with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Participate as a team member in the account’s strategic planning and provides leadership to development staff members.
- Collaborate with the security team to develop and implement product applications and training.
- Program alarm and video configurations for client ACS as well as user accounts for system operations.
- Retrieve and archive video records for incidents and investigations.
- Partner with vendors regarding work orders for all facilities, under the supervision of the client’s Security Operations Center.
- Oversee the operations and create badge templates for system badge station operations.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company’s pre-employment screening process including drug testing and background investigation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field with six years of successful and progressively responsible physical security systems experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company. Wisconsin Private Investigator's license is required. PSP certification is preferred.
Competencies (As Demonstrated Through Experience, Training, and/or Testing):
Working Conditions (Physical/Mental Demands):
- Technical knowledge of physical security systems, video surveillance, and access control.
- Wisconsin Private Investigator's license.
- PSP certification, preferred.
- Demonstrated skill and record of achievement in business-to-business operational activities.
- Knowledge of service industry cost and profitability drivers.
- Strong customer service and delivery orientation.
- Able to create and present a strong value proposition.
- Excellent planning, organization, and leadership skills.
- Self-starter with ability to take initiative and achieve results.
- Serve as an effective team member and leader.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
- Basic knowledge of computer network architecture, data transmission, and bandwidth.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Local and regional/national travel for presentations, meetings, and client site visits.
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds.