Education and Experience
- Prefer graduate degree in data science, statistics, operations research, psychology, psychometrics, economics, education, sociology, or related field(s) of study. A strong combination of education and experience will be considered.
- A minimum of three years of professional experience in a data-intensive environment.
- Documented record of successful project management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Leadership and Project Management Skills
- Excellent leadership and communications skills are required along with a passion for data analytics.
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional team.
- Ability to sustain collaborative relationships, forge partnerships, and build consensus with colleagues and within a diverse community of practice.
- Ideal candidate will demonstrate a high degree of initiative and have the ability to manage multiple projects in a timely fashion.
- Ability to implement an effective process for synchronous and asynchronous collaborative work; use initiative to identify better ways to work, solve problems, and suggest improvements.
- Ability to handle both broad and detail-oriented work, achieving tangible results.
- Agility in work style and ability to change priorities, adjusting to current conditions.
- Solid understanding of data management and familiarity with Qlik data environment.
- Strong data infrastructure development experience, including data warehousing, standing up a data lake, and/or creating a virtual data warehouse.
- Knowledge of visualization tools such as Qlik, Tableau, and SAS is important.
- Proficient in data management best practices.
- Preferred: Analytics tools training experience.
- Preferred: Experience developing reporting dashboard interfaces or documenting the functional specs for reporting dashboard interface development.
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully, in both oral and written form, with a variety of groups including technical, professional, and executive audiences.
EDUCAUSE offers a stimulating work environment and a staff who are dedicated to our mission. The Colorado-based location features a state-of-the-art facility with video and voice conference amenities. EDUCAUSE is comprised of site-located and remote employees with satellite offices across the United States. Remote workers are required to establish home office technical capabilities and connectivity to ensure effective telework.
EDUCAUSE is a fast-paced organization with an ambitious agenda and a staff that is committed to the mission. This job may experience high work demands under tight timelines. Occasional travel to support events and conferences may be required.
The EDUCAUSE benefit package includes medical and dental insurance, employer paid life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts for health care and dependent care expense reimbursement, paid vacation, paid sick time, paid personal time, ten paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and a retirement plan with employer contribution and 100% vesting upon enrollment.
EDUCAUSE requires background checks of all employment candidates. EDUCAUSE is an equal opportunity employer.
Please respond with cover letter and resume to email@example.com specifying "Data Services Manager” in the e-mail subject line. Solid writing, editing, communication, and presentation skills.