General Statement of Responsibilities
Plans, organizes, coordinates, and provides direct oversight of the day-to-day operations of the following functional service areas/ departments: institutional research and effectiveness, planning, accreditation, and grant writing. Establishes priorities, goals, and guidelines for assigned programs, including integration of planning, assessment, research, policy development, and budgeting to improve student success. Supervises, evaluates performance, and supports professional growth of assigned staff. Represents the college in the community and establishes and maintains effective working relationships with state and local agencies. Provides leadership for area fiscal planning and budget administration. Oversees grant writing, performance tracking, and reporting. Maintains knowledge of and exercises judgment in the application of college policies and procedures, collective bargaining procedures, and state and federal laws and regulations.
Works under the general supervision of the College President.
Supervises Management, Faculty, Classified, Student, Volunteer, and/or Temporary Department Staff.
Examples of Duties - Essential Functions
- Provides leadership in the development of strategic and operational goals and objectives as they relate to the service area/department and overall mission of the College.
- Selects, schedules, supervises, trains, evaluates performance, and supports professional growth of assigned staff. Guides employees through corrective action and mentoring as needed.
- Prepares, manages, and analyzes area/department budgets. Assists units of the college to link operational plans to the College's strategic budgeting and planning processes including the development of unit and college metrics. Manages grants through the processes of application, implementation, monitoring, and reporting. Identifies and allocates resources and approves expenditures.
- Leads the development of goals, objectives, and metrics relating to the department and overall mission of the College. Forecasts funding needs and sets program goals based on defined objectives.
- Regularly attends meetings with external agencies, businesses, general public, internal departments, educational institutions, and other applicable entities to create action plans, resolve issues, share best practices, solicit feedback, and represent the program and college. Serves on boards and committees as assigned.
- Negotiates agreements and contracts with businesses, government agencies, and other organizations to offer services. Creates tools and processes to ensure contractually required metrics, reports, and timelines are met. Monitors programs and processes to ensure alignment with program goals and compliance with applicable accrediting bodies.
- Directs, plans, organizes, coordinates, and provides leadership to the day-to-day operations of the College's institutional research, effectiveness, strategic planning, accreditation processes, and grant writing functions.
- Develops, implements, and maintains an institutional reporting and research program that provides a system to support the college in maintaining accountability, and the necessary information for strategic planning, development, and data-enabled decision making.
- Designs research projects, surveys, questionnaires, and assessment studies using appropriate qualitative and/or quantitative techniques to ensure validity, integrity, and consistency of data results.
- Executes mandatory reporting including IPEDS, State/Federal, Voluntary Framework of Accountability, Carl Perkins, and grant data reporting. Integrates appropriate results of mandatory reporting within RCC's strategic planning processes.
- Serves as Accreditation Liaison Officer. Provides oversight for accreditation responses; maintains knowledge of accreditation processes, procedures, and expectations; collects and disseminates accreditation information; notifies the Northwest Commission of Colleges and Universities (NWCCU) of substantive changes; prepares annual reports; plans and coordinates the self-study for accreditation; and assists in the preparation follow up studies and reports as required by the evaluation committee.
- Collaborates with College President and executive leadership team to ensure institutional research systems and programs meet institutional needs and are accessible college wide.
- Maintains knowledge of college policies and procedures, federal, state, and local laws and regulations governing areas of responsibility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.