|Required Qualifications: |
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Associate's degree.
- Four (4) years of information technology experience such as analyzing, designing, installing and/or maintaining computer software applications, hardware, telecommunications, firewalls and routers, or network infrastructure equipment or providing customer or technical support in information technology.
- Two (2) years of experience with the following software systems: Cisco, iOS to include: routers, firewalls and wireless controllers; Cisco FirePower, Cisco Prime Infrastructure, HP Procurve CLI, HP Intelligent Management Center, OpManager Netflow and packeteer packetshaper.
Conditions of Employment:
- Provide high-level software/hardware support to the other system administrators, project managers, or other technical personnel.
- Ability to create a cohesive team environment in developing and managing a project, preferably using Microsoft Project 2007, that includes the development of a communication plan and expectation of stakeholders.
- Willing and able to respond to any IT administration and service interruption problems and focus on collaborative solutions to these problems until resolved.
- Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others, participate in and foster teamwork.
- Ability to work effectively and positively with individuals of diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds and educationally diverse populations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with individuals and groups within and outside of the organization.
- Ability to independently solve IT problems, including defining & analyzing the problem, identifying & testing solutions, choosing & implementing the best solution, documenting the changes as needed, and evaluating the outcome.
- Model and maintain the value of candor, openness, inclusiveness and honesty; build and maintain the trust of others.
- Consent to and pass a criminal records background check.
|APPLICATION PROCESS: |
|Application Requirements: |
To be considered for this position, you must:
Special Note: All application materials must be submitted by 5 p.m. on the closing date.
- Meet the required qualifications as outlined in this announcement.
- Complete the online application profile at http://www.pierce.ctc.edu/dist/hr/.
- Apply for the specific job opening.
- Upload (attach) a cover letter that addresses how you meet the required and desired qualifications as outlined in this announcement. Be sure to provide specific examples to support your experience, training and/or skills. (Cover Letter)
- Upload (attach) a detailed resume. (Resume)
- Upload (attach) unofficial copies of all college and university transcripts (official transcripts are required prior to hire) (Transcripts)
- Upload (attach) a list of at least two current professional references with names, addresses, and telephone numbers. Letters of recommendation will not be accepted in lieu of a list of references. (References)
Terms of Employment:
This is a full-time (40 hours per week) overtime eligible District classified position with Pierce College. The primary work location will be at Pierce College Fort Steilacoom with occasional travel as required. Work hours vary, but are typically Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with occasional evenings and weekend work, All positions may be subject to reassignment between campuses or sites.
Salary & Benefits:
The starting salary range of this position is $4,762 - $5,522 per month (dependent upon qualifications), with annual periodic increments to $6,247. However, your paycheck is just part of the total compensation package. There is an outstanding benefits package which is worth an additional value equivalent to about 30% of your salary. A comprehensive health care benefits package for you and your dependents includes medical, dental and vision insurance, life and long-term disability insurance plans, vacation, sick and personal leave, reduced tuition, and retirement benefits are also provided.
Physical Work Environment:
This position is required to work indoors in an office environment.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance with the application and employment process will be accommodated to the extent reasonably possible. Requests should be made to the District Human Resources Office by calling 253-964-7342. Persons who are deaf or hard of hearing may dial 711 to place a call through Washington Relay, the state's free telecommunication access service.
Screening & Interview Process:
Only those candidates who have complied with the application process and have met the required qualifications will be considered. Following the review of application materials, the most qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. Check the email account you used for the application process for communication regarding the status of your application. Application materials submitted to Pierce College are the property of the College and will not be returned.
Conditions of Employment:
- Agency Shop: As a condition of employment, all classified employees are required to become a member of the Washington Public Employees Association and pay membership dues, or as a non-member pay an agency shop, non-association or representation fee within thirty calendar days after the date of hire.
- An offer of employment will not carry with it any responsibility or obligation on the part of the District to sponsor an H-1B visa. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, proof of authorization to work in the United States will be required at the time of hire.
- Pierce College has adopted a Drug Free Workplace policy. As a condition of employment, employees must agree to abide by the requirements established in that policy.
The Pierce College District is an equal opportunity employer. The Board of Trustees and Pierce College District are committed to providing equal opportunity and will not discriminate in terms and conditions of employment and personnel practices. Decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, perceived or actual physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or use of a trained guide dog or service animal.
For more information about this position or assistance regarding your application, contact Human Resources at: email@example.com.
Questions regarding equal employment opportunities or discrimination may be directed to the following:
Holly Gorski, Vice President for Human Resources/Title IX Coordinator
9401 Farwest Drive SW
Lakewood, Washington 98498
Paula Henson-Williams, District Affirmative Action Officer