|Required Qualifications: |
- Bachelor's degree.
- Two (2) years of experience providing outreach, recruitment services.
- Demonstrated experience working in diverse communities preferably with Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Values organizational diversity and strives to eliminate barriers for AAPI students; ensures that new barriers to diversity are not built.
- Strong MS Office computer skills including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to work cooperatively on a team and positively influences others.
- Strong written and oral communications skills with ability to clearly and effectively communicate with individuals and groups within and outside the College.
- Ability to notice, interpret, and anticipate others' concerns and feelings, and to communicate empathetically to others.
- Adheres to high standards of integrity and honesty; demonstrates commitment to the organization and its mission, vision and values.
- Exceptional customer service skills with the ability to anticipate, assess, and respond effectively to the diverse needs of customers.
- Ability to take responsibility for their own performance by setting goals and balancing critical job requirements.
- Uses critical, creative, and reflective thinking skills to identify problems, analyze and evaluate various solutions, implement solutions, and monitor their effectiveness.
- Have access to transportation to attend meetings and events off campus.
|APPLICATION PROCESS: |
To be considered for this opportunity, you must:
Special Note: All application materials must be submitted by 5 p.m. on the closing date.
- Meet the required qualifications as outlined in this announcement.
- Complete the online application profile at http://www.pierce.ctc.edu/dist/hr/.
- Apply for the specific job opening.
- Upload a cover letter that addresses how your experience and education qualifies you to perform the essential functions listed in the job announcement. (Cover Letter)
- Upload a detailed résumé of all educational and professional experience. (Résumé)
- Upload at least two professional references including names, addresses, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses. Letters of recommendation will not be accepted in lieu of a list of professional references. (References)
- Upload unofficial copies of all college and university transcripts (official transcripts required prior to hire for the successful candidate). (Transcripts)
Terms of Employment:
This is a full-time (40 hours per week) classified project employment position with Pierce College. The primary work location will be at Pierce College Fort Steilacoom campus, but frequent travel to Pierce College and other sites will occur. Work hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (scheduled hours may vary), with occasional evenings and weekends as required. All positions may be subject to reassignment between campuses or sites.
Project positions are considered a separate layoff unit of the Pierce College District.
Salary & Benefits:
The starting salary range of this position is $3,807 - $4,418 per month (dependent upon qualifications), with annual periodic increments to $5,001. However, your paycheck is just part of the total compensation package. There is an outstanding benefits package which is worth an additional value equivalent to about 30% of your salary. A comprehensive health care benefits package for you and your dependents includes medical, dental and vision insurance, life and long-term disability insurance plans, vacation, sick and personal leave, reduced tuition, and retirement benefits are also provided.
Physical Work Environment:
This position is required to work indoors in an office environment. Alternate work environments may include indoor recruitment fairs (in environments with loud ambient noise) requiring long periods of standing.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance with the application and employment process will be accommodated to the extent reasonably possible. Requests should be made to the District Human Resources Office by calling 253-964-7342. Persons who are deaf or hard of hearing may dial 711 to place a call through Washington Relay, the state's free telecommunication access service.
Screening & Interview Process:
Only those candidates who have complied with the application process and have met the required qualifications will be considered. Following the review of application materials, the most qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. Check the email account you used for the application process for communication regarding the status of your application. Application materials submitted to Pierce College are the property of the College and will not be returned.
Conditions of Employment:
- Agency Shop: As a condition of employment, all classified employees are required to become a member of the Washington Public Employees Association and pay membership dues, or as a non-member pay an agency shop, non-association or representation fee within thirty calendar days after the date of hire.
- An offer of employment will not carry with it any responsibility or obligation on the part of the District to sponsor an H-1B visa. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, proof of authorization to work in the United States will be required at the time of hire.
- Pierce College has adopted a Drug Free Workplace policy. As a condition of employment, employees must agree to abide by the requirements established in that policy.
The Pierce College District is an equal opportunity employer. The Board of Trustees and Pierce College District are committed to providing equal opportunity and will not discriminate in terms and conditions of employment and personnel practices. Decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, perceived or actual physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or use of a trained guide dog or service animal.
For more information about this position or assistance regarding your application, contact Human Resources at: email@example.com.
Questions regarding equal employment opportunities or discrimination may be directed to the following:
Holly Gorski, Vice President for Human Resources/Title IX Coordinator
9401 Farwest Drive SW
Lakewood, Washington 98498
Paula Henson-Williams, District Affirmative Action Officer