| Academic Palliative Care Physician The Division of Palliative Medicine at UMass Memorial Medical Center and the University of Massachusetts Medical School is seeking a full-time palliative care physician to join their established program to provide inpatient and outpatient consultation services for a diverse patient population in a dynamic teaching environment. Highlights of the program include: |
• Close collaboration with hospital medicine, oncology and critical care in generalist palliative care education and quality improvement projects;
• Partnership with the medical center and ACO in building inpatient and community-based palliative care;
• Multiple opportunities to teach students, residents and oncology fellows during bedside rounds, scheduled didactics and clinical rotations;
• Curricula development at the medical and nursing schools, including communication skills practice at our state-of-the-art simulation center;
• Collaborations with the Center for Mindfulness and the Arnold P. Gold Foundation to promote humanism and resiliency in medicine;
• Academic rank commensurate with experience;
• Excellent comprehensive benefits package.
UMass Memorial Health Care is the largest health care system in Central Massachusetts. We are the clinical partner of UMass Medical School, with access to the latest technology, research and clinical trials. In addition to our fully equipped medical centers, our system also includes home health and hospice partners, behavioral health programs and community-based physician practices. UMass Memorial is located in Central Massachusetts and is close to all the lifestyle benefits of New England including Boston, Cape Cod and numerous other surrounding recreational areas.